What anime are you watching right now? May07-Feb10

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

Postby CitizenGeek » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:01 pm

I'm currently watching the premiere of the Death Note dub on the officiall AdultSwim website!
Last edited by CitizenGeek on Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes.

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hunter21 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:28 pm

Ornette wrote: http://evageeks.org/FGP/Tributes_to_Neo ... #Genshiken

what were the other ones?

I know there is a Eva reference in season one too but I don't remember where. Sorry. It's been too long since I have watched the first season

As for Episode 2 of season two, You got the picture of the Doujin but there is also a scene where Madarame mentions the series. It's after the halfway point of the show if I remember correctly.

And also I got to add a holy shit to the Seto no Hanayome reference. I totally missed that one. If feel so ashamed. :oops:
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:56 pm

I'll have to look out for that SnH reference. I love that show.

Anyway. I'd watch the Death Note dub but AS hates Canada
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:05 pm

CitizenGeek wrote:I'm currently watching the premiere of the Death Note dub on the officiall Adult Swin website!

Ryuk is very good, very close to the original.
Light is passable, but he definitely has potential to improve.
L, who hasn't shown up yet, will definitely be a difficult character to dub.

Of course, I still have to finish watching the series in Japanese. I'm on episode 12.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:11 am

http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=96352#96352

Finished Seirei no Moribito

Trying Moyashimon

Shelved Bokurano (have complete uninstall disc, the last 6 episodes may get watched sometime -- this has been the big disappointment of the year)
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

Postby slothen » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:39 am

I'm following Avatar, Naruto, and watching Cowboy Bebop for the first time. Nothing too much out of the mainstream.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Postby Alaska Slim » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:19 am

slothen wrote:I'm following Avatar, Naruto, and watching Cowboy Bebop for the first time. Nothing too much out of the mainstream.

Naruto, Bleach, Avatar, saw the first episode of Death Note on adult Swim, but I don't plan on watching beyond that ( I'm up to 18 myself, just can't find 19). I'm debating whether or not to re-watch Rahxephon, I kind of passed through that one rather quickly... 8)
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hunter21 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:09 am

Now that it is being subbed again -Mamoru-kun_ni_Megami_no_Shukufuku_wo!

Been keeping up with Avatar as well, downloading the last epsisode as I type this in fact.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

Postby CitizenGeek » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:27 am

Alaska Slim wrote:I'm debating whether or not to re-watch Rahxephon, I kind of passed through that one rather quickly... 8)

I've watched the first two volumes of that series and ... well, it is very similiar to Evangelion, isn't it? Still, I do intend on finishing it eventually.

BrikHaus wrote:Ryuk is very good, very close to the original.
Light is passable, but he definitely has potential to improve.
L, who hasn't shown up yet, will definitely be a difficult character to dub.

Of course, I still have to finish watching the series in Japanese. I'm on episode 12.

Yeah, I think Ryuk is great in English. I wouldn't say he was close to how he was in Japanese, though. He still has that subtle hint of insanity though which is awesome. I think as the series goes on, we'll get to see Light's VA come into his own, I'm optimistic about dubbing L, actually.

I watched the whole of the series fansubbed, but I'd definately watch it again dubbed. Looking forward to the DVD releases!
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes.

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

Postby slothen » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:59 pm

CitizenGeek wrote:
Alaska Slim wrote:I'm debating whether or not to re-watch Rahxephon, I kind of passed through that one rather quickly... 8)

I've watched the first two volumes of that series and ... well, it is very similiar to Evangelion, isn't it? Still, I do intend on finishing it eventually.

If I recall correctly, there's a big comparison thread somewhere on these boards.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Jay911
Lilith

Postby Jay911 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:41 am

Denno Coil - thru 17. Things are getting really interesting.
Lucky Star - Picked it up due to a sig on another forum; trying to decide if I should keep going.
You're Under Arrest Full Throttle - thru 2. Good stuff so far.

And just bought and watched the entirety of Full Metal Panic. I can has more plz?
--j.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:01 am

Jay911 wrote:And just bought and watched the entirety of Full Metal Panic. I can has more plz?

Have you seen the TSR OVA?

Jay911
Lilith

Postby Jay911 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:08 pm

Yup yup.. first season, FUMOFFU, TSR, and OVA ... :D now buying novels and manga trying to get to the rest of the story..
--j.

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

Postby chee » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:05 pm

Jay911 wrote:Yup yup.. first season, FUMOFFU, TSR, and OVA ... :D now buying novels and manga trying to get to the rest of the story..

Kaname's laugh scares the hell out of me.

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby DatDude » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:39 pm

right now ive got some ellsing ova's on my hd that I must watch or seele08 will kill me resurect me as a venture-stine and kill me again
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:45 pm

http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=123112#123112

Started Ghost Hound -- looks a bit like the GitS team do lain from the first episode. This one looks like a stayer ... not so sure about Moyashimon. And I guess I'm going to have to wait for the European DVD release for Moonlight Mile 2nd season subs...
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Zkh
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Zkh » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:15 pm

I was looking for Trigun on the internet on Saturday and somehow watched the first Sailor Moon season completely by late last night. I guess I won't stop here, because it's nostalgic and makes me feel less pedo than other magical girl shows.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:38 pm

I think I settled on what I'll be watching this season:
Blue Drop, Dragonaut, Genshiken 2, Ghost Hound, Kaiji, Kodomo no Jikan (lol 4chan party van), Minami-ke, Night Wizard, Rental Magica, Sketchbook Full Colors, Tales of Agriculture (Moyashimon)

Shows from previous seasons not finished:
Baccano, D.Gray-Man, Deltora Quest (sigh), Dennou Coil, Dokuro-chan 2, Hayate, Higurashi 2, Kekkaishi, La Corda, Nanoha StrikerS, Moetan, Romeo x Juliet (sigh), School Days, Sky Girls, Tales of Symphonia, Tokyo Majin 2.

Just finished Mononoke, bloody awesome show. Great second season to the bakeneko story from Ayakashi. Will probably start Gundam00 once the show is close to finishing and watch it all the way through.

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:53 am

Just finished Last Exile.

Meh, it was alright. Not nearly as good as some say. It could've been great, and it had some impressive qualities. I especially loved the air battles and races - well animated and well paced. I was also impressed how in spite of the massive cast it never got convoluted. But it fell apart near the end. The character development was near nil, the villains were horrible (did she serve any purpose other than to stand around and laugh evily?), the main characters were clichey goodness... Anyway, it was okay, but I'd only recommend a rental.
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:07 pm

http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=128008#128008

On reflection, I'd probably better admit that neither El Cazador de la Bruja, nor Baccano! managed to acquire any momentum, and count as dropped-but-archived. The former never took off as a Thelma&Louise plus guns before Claymore took over the niche for the summer; the latter is just frustrating -- it looks like it ought to be good, but there is too sprawling a cast, too many of whom are either idiots or outright unpleasant.

OTOH, based on the groundswell of talk about it, I shall give Shugo Chara! a look.

Eva Yojimbo wrote:Just finished Last Exile.

Meh, it was alright.

Now you should try Simoun for what is sorta-LE, from the other side, done right.

Return to “Old Stickies”