NGE Role-Play Discussion Thread

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:10 pm

Of course the Angels can do whatever it is they want, I just thought briefly mentioning the plot would be good. *shrugs*

So yes, this takes place at some point after Episode 16, but before any other shitstorm events (lol Touji & Kaworu) can occur.

We need leeway in regards to what happen in this story, if it's meant to be our own beast and not 100% based on series events at this point*, after all. ;)

*I've been playing too much Evangelion 2. ^_^;
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Anti-Goth
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Anti-Goth » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:17 pm

Geez Stardust...I guess you're my second-in-command for this RP huh? XDDD

After Episode 16 sounds good to me, since it does give us a chance to have new angels arriving, albeit somewhat confused Angels.

So, for casting call:
Misato
Ritsuko
More Angels- Zeruel, etc.
More Evas- 00, 02, etc.
"you ever had tempura ice cream
SHIT IS KAWAII UGUU AS FUCK, SON
AS FUCK" -damage

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:21 pm

Geez Stardust...I guess you're my second-in-command for this RP huh? XDDD

As long as you can have me faithfully "Look after the rest" once the Third Impact style fighting starts, then yes. :P (Silly joke)

By the way, another point I was trying to make is that the previously defeated Angels could STILL fight Lilim for whatever reason, if they wanted to. ;)

Speaking of free will, we need somebody to also take the role of everybody's favorite sexual orientation ambiguous bishounen. (Brik recently said he took the role of Fem-Kaworu so he wouldn't have to participate, same with Ornette being the plant. ^^: )

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:33 pm

Reichu wrote:Never mind, apparently Kaji was listening to Axel Rudi Pell while falling asleep one night.

Kaji listens to acid jazz when he's horny, and Arvo Part when he isn't.

Graff Meatfield said so.

jenova7
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby jenova7 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:43 pm

we also need a:

maya
Aoba
touji
hikari

and who was that mystery guest at Misato's apartment?

Wevangeliwon
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Wevangeliwon » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:13 pm

Can someone please explain to me who Black Hyuga is? I have heard this a few times before, but have no idea what everyone is talking about.

jenova7
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby jenova7 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:15 pm

he's the black voice actor who plays hyuga in EoE- instead of matt greenfield in the series

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:16 pm

Who was the mystery person at the door: Personally, I like thinking it was supposed to be Smith, seeing as he said he'd probably stop by Misato's apartment. I just ran with it. ^_^

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:31 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Who was the mystery person at the door: Personally, I like thinking it was supposed to be Smith, seeing as he said he'd probably stop by Misato's apartment. I just ran with it. ^_^

Your dear mother was going to show up, but you had given up waiting and left for school by the time I'd finished writing the post.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Anti-Goth
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Anti-Goth » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:05 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Speaking of free will, we need somebody to also take the role of everybody's favorite sexual orientation ambiguous bishounen. (Brik recently said he took the role of Fem-Kaworu so he wouldn't have to participate, same with Ornette being the plant. ^^: )

Hmmm...anyone want to be Kaworu-- *stampeded*

...urk.
AS FUCK" -damage

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:14 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Brik recently said he took the role of Fem-Kaworu so he wouldn't have to participate

So he WOULDN'T have to participate? Doesn't taking the role of fem-Kaworu imply that he actually... takes the role of fem-Kaworu?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Anti-Goth
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Anti-Goth » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:16 pm

Reichu wrote:So he WOULDN'T have to participate? Doesn't taking the role of fem-Kaworu imply that he actually... takes the role of fem-Kaworu?

I think he just wanted to make the 'smooth as a porpoise' joke.
AS FUCK" -damage

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:21 pm

If BrikHaus isn't doing fem-Kaworu, then I recommend her to a member of the Church of fem-Kaworu.

Also, should there be a rule that someone can't have more than two characters?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:02 pm

Good idea. ^_^

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:12 pm

Just a couple of notes (which, hopefully, Anti won't object to):

We don't want this to end up like the "story" thread. Everyone should try to take their time to build up a fairly coherent story and alternative universe. That means paying attention to what others are doing and playing off of their actions, as well as trying to keep details consistent. That is, avoid blatant conflicts and paradoxes.

For example, I ended one of my posts with Eva-01, who is ludicrously strong (as we know) and depicted as 2 meters (= 6 1/2 feet) tall, standing and holding Shinji. Then Shiro's Asuka inexplicably manages to take Shinji away. Asuka wouldn't be able to REACH Shinji, let alone remove him from the arms of an Eva!

Another example is the fact of a synchronization test "today" being mentioned in a discourse between Yui and Fuyutsuki, and then Shinji and Asuka leaving HQ and having the day end without satisfying this requirement (or letting Rei get to Nerv HQ at all, for that matter!). Not to mention various other people are still in the middle of things; is a day supposed to be ended by a couple of people within the span of mere posts?

Trying to work with these sorts of internal contradictions isn't any fun, so it's best to avoid them in the first place.

Additionally: Don't be in such a rush to post that you don't give other people a chance to make their contributions. That really defeats the point of RPGing. And, again, everyone should try to play off each other. If anyone starts getting lost in wild, solitary antics, they might as well go back to the "story" thread where anything goes.

Also: Try to make your writing at least semi-decent. (If it is, then you can freely ignore this part.)
Last edited by Reichu on Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:02 pm

Reichu wrote:If BrikHaus isn't doing fem-Kaworu, then I recommend her to a member of the Church of fem-Kaworu.

What the hell? I go away for 12 hours, not even a whole day, and you are already taking fem-kaworu away from me? Hey Reichu, don't believe Stardust-chan's lies. I fully intend on using fem-kaworu. There will be big plans in store (bwahahaha), just expect her to show up a little later on.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Shiro
Scribe
Scribe

•      
  •      

Postby Shiro » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:13 am

My fault there, Reichu-sama. I forgot just how laughably short the Children are. (Theoretically, Asuka COULD have surprised Yui enough to lose her grip slightly...)

もしわけありません、ユイーさま。

Anti-Goth
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Anti-Goth » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:21 am

Reichu wrote:Just a couple of notes (which, hopefully, Anti won't object to):

We don't want this to end up like the "story" thread. Everyone should try to take their time to build up a fairly coherent story and alternative universe. That means paying attention to what others are doing and playing off of their actions, as well as trying to keep details consistent. That is, avoid blatant conflicts and paradoxes.

It looks good to me Reichu. ^^;; I think that, yes, it is ultimately frustrating for others if the RP moves TOO fast. Not to metion all the loose plot ends that crop up.
AS FUCK" -damage

Zuggy
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:03 am

Reichu wrote:Another example is the fact of a synchronization test "today" being mentioned in a discourse between Yui and Fuyutsuki, and then Shinji and Asuka leaving HQ and having the day end without satisfying this requirement (or letting Rei get to Nerv HQ at all, for that matter!). Not to mention various other people are still in the middle of things; is a day supposed to be ended by a couple of people within the span of mere posts?

This confused me as well. Maybe a system of time could be used -

Each post could account for 30 minutes in a day (jumps in time could be made if/when folks go to sleep). Then there would be a weekly timetable divided in 30 minute chunks, so for the Children 8:30am might be the start of school, 12:30pm lunch, 3:00pm leave school, 5:00pm synch tests, etc. Weekends would be free of any timetable - this means all folk's posts would be occurring within a set time and it would logically proceed. That's the best way I can think of to try and give a stable flow of time throughout folk's posts. Maybe the story should start over again if this sort of system was introduced. :?:

That map of Tokyo 3 you have somewhere Reichu that has all the locations used in the show on it might be useful, so we have a birdseye view of where everyone is - folks could judge where people may meet, what routes they take to whichever-location and all the rest of it.

Last thing, and I'm going to sound like an asshole here, but who are Smith and Eve? Which division of Nerv do they fall under? When do they show up in NGE?

Anti-Goth
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Anti-Goth » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:17 am

Zugzwang wrote:Last thing, and I'm going to sound like an asshole here, but who are Smith and Eve? Which division of Nerv do they fall under? When do they show up in NGE?

._.; Erm, they're just BobBQ's and my fan-made characters.

Smith doesn't seem to be working for NERV anymore, I think, and Eve is in the U.S. military, technically.
AS FUCK" -damage

Return to “Role-Playing Related”