Mangled Script! Deployed to the Full!

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
EAngelos89
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby EAngelos89 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:22 pm

squall.leonhart wrote:
EAngelos89 wrote:That's great news ^_____^
made an .ASS file from the subs, also included the ending lyrics I posted earlier and Rebuild 2.0 trailer subtitles I made with reference to the ones shown at the Pusan festival ;)

Enjoy!! :D

http://www.mediafire.com/?fgj9ggydtgg

No typesetting?? ...baka... ^_^

Ah well, guess I'll give a go. Haven't even looked at timing either. May have to fix that too.

well I was gonna leave that to you guys.. and please don't fix it just yet, cat42 is uploading a fixed version he did, please work with that one if at all ^^

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby cat42 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:26 pm

Ok, no timing changes to the main text, only to the trailer at the end.
Primary Typesetting (IE, none), and primary translation by ANON, http://www.savefile.com/files/1330591
this is the ultimate form of this file as far as I'm concerned at the moment.
I'll modify it to fix translation issues as they come up.

I repeat, this is not the file that I have been working the past couple days on.

EDIT++++
Honestly, I find showy typesetting annoying.
"...I follow you both online and offline, and I am a 4-dimensional manifestation of absolute evil..." - Reichu-tachi
"In all cases, eventually it becomes necessary to decide to 'deliberately betray the fans.'" - Yoji Enokido
I believe in the director of Eva 1.11.

squall.leonhart
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby squall.leonhart » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:28 pm

cat42 wrote:Ok, no timing changes to the main text, only to the trailer at the end.
Primary Typesetting (IE, none), and primary translation by ANON, http://www.savefile.com/files/1330591
this is the ultimate form of this file as far as I'm concerned at the moment.
I'll modify it to fix translation issues as they come up.

I repeat, this is not the file that I have been working the past couple days on.

Great, you fix translation, I'll typeset and time the karaoke. Just post lines that need to be changed from original to fixed version. :cool:

EAngelos89
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby EAngelos89 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:31 pm

great job guys ^_^ btw squall (Squall's my fav FF hero), while talking about karaoke, do you actually know how to do karaoke? I'm learning now but it's pretty time-consuming -.-

EDIT:

One correction to my subs.. noticed that in the subs there isn't use of a "-" between Unit and Number.. So it would be "Unit 01" and not "Unit-01" etc.. correct either of them just to keep the same format :) I recommend correcting my lines because they're few :P

squall.leonhart
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby squall.leonhart » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:39 pm

EAngelos89 wrote:great job guys ^_^ btw squall (Squall's my fav FF hero), while talking about karaoke, do you actually know how to do karaoke? I'm learning now but it's pretty time-consuming -.-

:ting: I know basic karaoke timing. I just can't do advanced effects like sparkles or zooms. Some karaoke artists use After Effects or some other compositing tool to do that and those are burned into the frames using VSFilter or Subtitler. But even those still use timing from SSA/ASS scripts. That's why timing is important.

Shout out to anyone who has After Effects, feel free to do fancy effects. :thumbsup:

EAngelos89
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby EAngelos89 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:50 pm

I'm afraid of re-encodes though :( it's hard to make a lossless one
though the RAW we work on could use some re-encode.. eg H264 ^_^

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:21 am

Timing seemed ok with the re-encoded camrip, some typos in it though.

EAngelos89 wrote:I'm afraid of re-encodes though :( it's hard to make a lossless one
though the RAW we work on could use some re-encode.. eg H264 ^_^

I already re-encoded it using h264 and vorbis. Posted the torrent on toshokan and a few other places. Resulting file is less than 300megs. A divx encode that looks like shit isn't worth 1gig.

squall.leonhart
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby squall.leonhart » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:23 am

Ornette wrote:Timing seemed ok with the re-encoded camrip, some typos in it though.

Fixing typos too. :nod:

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby cat42 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:18 am

Well, I just finished watching it with Anon's subs, and while I enjoyed it, there are certainly places where I disagree with his translation. I'm continuing work on this.

But Anon's translation is another tool that will help me make a translation that is as accurate as I can get it, and will help me get it to you all faster.

Hopefully I'll be done by Tuesday, but no promises. It's not a matter of Changing a couple lines here and there, a lot of techno babble needs to be added, a little bit of timing tweeking, but regardless, it was still awesome to watch it with English subtitles at last.
"...I follow you both online and offline, and I am a 4-dimensional manifestation of absolute evil..." - Reichu-tachi
"In all cases, eventually it becomes necessary to decide to 'deliberately betray the fans.'" - Yoji Enokido

squall.leonhart
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby squall.leonhart » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:56 am

cat42 wrote:Well, I just finished watching it with Anon's subs, and while I enjoyed it, there are certainly places where I disagree with his translation. I'm continuing work on this.

But Anon's translation is another tool that will help me make a translation that is as accurate as I can get it, and will help me get it to you all faster.

Hopefully I'll be done by Tuesday, but no promises. It's not a matter of Changing a couple lines here and there, a lot of techno babble needs to be added, a little bit of timing tweeking, but regardless, it was still awesome to watch it with English subtitles at last.

Again, let me worry about the timing. Just let me know what to fix.

Senel17
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Senel17 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:07 am

Hey everyone, can any of you please show/tell me how to input the subs onto the raw. I've tried one of the previous posters advice, by placing the sub file in the same folder as the vid itself but the subs didn't load automatically. Much appreciated thanks in advance.
"Don't look back, for you are turning away from the truth!"

squall.leonhart
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby squall.leonhart » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:12 am

Senel17 wrote:Hey everyone, can any of you please show/tell me how to input the subs onto the raw. I've tried one of the previous posters advice, by placing the sub file in the same folder as the vid itself but the subs didn't load automatically. Much appreciated thanks in advance.

The file names must match. Example...
[code:1]
Evangelion 1.0 - You Are (Not) Alone.avi
Evangelion 1.0 - You Are (Not) Alone.ass
[/code:1]
:clap:
See how they have the same name, just different extentions?

If that doesn't work, then you don't have VobSub configured correctly. Media Player Classic will auto-load external subs with the same name as the file if you have CCCP or K-Lite.

EAngelos89
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby EAngelos89 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:18 am

Ornette wrote:I already re-encoded it using h264 and vorbis. Posted the torrent on toshokan and a few other places. Resulting file is less than 300megs. A divx encode that looks like shit isn't worth 1gig.

Yep I got this one and I'm seeding it ;)
But I think there is a minor quality loss.. I might be mistaken but I think there are more artifacts in it.. (as said, might be just my imagination though)..

I've recently learned about h264 and I've learned how to make high quality h264 DVDrips, but I've not been much into reencoding, except a bit of hardsubbing using VirtualDubMod or so (sorry if I'm getting a bit off topic).

CtHuLhU
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby CtHuLhU » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:40 am

I think in this phrase are all senses of the first film concerning to the title.
理由はないわ。その運命があなただったってだけ。
ただし、シンジ君ひとりが命をかけて戦っているわけじゃない。みんな一緒よ
No particular reason. It's your fate.
You're not fighting alone, Shinji-kun.
Everyone is.

(literally: "...you are not alone fighting risk your own life.")
(or absolutely literally: "... do not fight of takes one's life in one's own hands.")

Though maybe various interpretation, for example are possible (as a conclusion):
"But thus, Shinji, you have only one life to play without fighting. Like all of us."
"Because you, Shinji, are fighting not only for your own life. But for all ours."
あやなみ ☆ すきだよ

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:55 am

EAngelos89 wrote:Yep I got this one and I'm seeding it ;)
But I think there is a minor quality loss.. I might be mistaken but I think there are more artifacts in it.. (as said, might be just my imagination though)..

Because the source was divx, anywhere where there are dark spots has artifacts (notice the entire intro in the original divx), the h263 style "smoothing" made it look blockier. I also used a rather high P/B frame quantizer value, because the lower values I tried didn't look significantly better but turned out to be much larger total file sizes.

Well, now that a Japanese DVD release has been announced, only a few more months to wait for a HD raw.

AnonymousEvaTranslator
Embryo

Hi ya'll.

•      
  •      

Postby AnonymousEvaTranslator » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:11 pm

Hi there. This is the person who posted the English subtitles on THAT BOARD last night. I saw that someone posted a link to here, so I just registered to wish everyone good luck, and I'm glad my subs have helped the cause. Like I said, it was intended for me and my friends, but I couldn't stand to keep it for myself.

That said, if there are any typos or mistranslations in there (which are pretty few as far as I can tell) it's due to the fact that combing through over 15,000 Japanese characters and plugging in over 1,000 lines of dialogue has the ability to transform one's brain to mush. So, if there are any questions about certain parts, I'd be glad to help. If there's a mistake, you're probably right, but it's not from a lack of knowledge, just a human error/exhaustion.

Anyways, good job everyone, you are a credit to the entire internets. :clap:
BALLSBALLSBALLS. Balls of steel...

squall.leonhart
Tunniel
Tunniel

Re: Hi ya'll.

•      
  •      

Postby squall.leonhart » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:35 pm

AnonymousEvaTranslator wrote:Hi there. This is the person who posted the English subtitles on THAT BOARD last night. I saw that someone posted a link to here, so I just registered to wish everyone good luck, and I'm glad my subs have helped the cause. Like I said, it was intended for me and my friends, but I couldn't stand to keep it for myself.

That said, if there are any typos or mistranslations in there (which are pretty few as far as I can tell) it's due to the fact that combing through over 15,000 Japanese characters and plugging in over 1,000 lines of dialogue has the ability to transform one's brain to mush. So, if there are any questions about certain parts, I'd be glad to help. If there's a mistake, you're probably right, but it's not from a lack of knowledge, just a human error/exhaustion.

Anyways, good job everyone, you are a credit to the entire internets. :clap:

Thank you

Ornette wrote:Well, now that a Japanese DVD release has been announced, only a few more months to wait for a HD raw.

Really? I've kinda been living under a rock... when did they announce and when is the date?

--EDIT--
Nevermind, I found it; 2008年4月25日

Senel17
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Senel17 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:53 pm

Apparently the newly release date for the dvd's are set for April 24. I'm Looking forward to it.
"Don't look back, for you are turning away from the truth!"

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:36 pm

Senel17 wrote:Apparently the newly release date for the dvd's are set for April 24.
No. You're a day off. I'm deducting twelve credits from your gutague this week.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby cat42 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:46 pm

Ok, so, durring Seele and Gen-chan's first discussion, there is one major line I'm having trouble with, and the Translations I have are really fucking different.

Robo translator wrote:左様. Lilith and-destroy Messenger is a small part of the contract過ぎん

Joaquin wrote:You see, the destruction of the Angels has affected a significant part of the contract with Lilith.

CtHuLhU wrote:Indeed, destroying Angels affects a substantial portion of the contract with Lilith.

AnonymousEvaTranslator wrote:That's right. To exterminate the Angels is but one step in fulfilling our contract with Lilith.

Original Japanese wrote:左様。使徒殲滅はリリスとの契約のごく一部に過ぎん

I kinda wanna go with Anon's translation here. Any thoughts?

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”