The most disturbing moment in Evangelion

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

anatrok
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby anatrok » Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:29 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:Quite possibly he licked it all off - assuming him to be un-cut and thus not requiring any possibly inedible lubricant that would get mixed in.

Man, I did not need to know how he got it off, I don't want to know...As it is I don't like Anime-Shinji, because of that, and now, er...Is this really relevent...I suppose to some extent, but come on....

Cogboy
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Cogboy » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:32 am

Mr. Tines wrote:Quite possibly he licked it all off - assuming him to be un-cut and thus not requiring any possibly inedible lubricant that would get mixed in.

Gah! who the hell does that! personally i find that thought more disturbing than anything in the series.

can someone please explain why no-one else seems worried about this?
"My point? "Sick and Depraved" is a banana." - Soluzar.

"I have those frameless glasses and shit. And emo glasses, but I broke them 'cause I got angry. :( " - Shnooks.

"Old quotes are old" - Cogboy

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:38 am

If you don't learn to love your own bodily fluids, how can you expect anyone else to?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:57 pm

I'm still surprised at the fact that sex-related matters appear to be far more disturbing to many than the violence, or the image collages, some of which seem reminiscent of drawings from severely traumatised children; pure, uncensored mental disruption.

On the topic of that scene, an interesting piece on how it links in to the end of the film was recently posted on the other forum

http://animaniajapan.livedoor.biz/archives/17687653.html

which puts a lot of my detailed theorizing into a loop, for all it supports the broad take on my interpretation of the end (i.e. none of this sort of thing).

Reichu wrote:If you don't learn to love your own bodily fluids, how can you expect anyone else to?

Quite. While I was expecting an "Ewww! Gross!" response, I nearly exhaled a mouthful of Leffe Bruin when reading the above (which would have been a waste).

I hope they never ask anyone for a bj. Of course, when one only has either cotton hankies which will be laundered or Izal in the household, necessity is the mother of invention :twisted:
Last edited by Mr. Tines on Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:49 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:I'm still surprised at the fact that sex-related matters appear to be far more disturbing to many than the violence, or the image collages, some of which seem reminiscent of drawings from severely traumatised children; pure, uncensored mental disruption.

Well, there are a lot of double-standards in place, really... I know young men who consume massive amounts of pr0n (real or otherwise) and violent video games, joke about masturbation, oral sex, and sodomy with their (male) friends... and cringe when discussion of bodily fluids comes up. "Eeew! Sick, dude! I don't wanna hear about that!"

which puts a lot of my detailed theorizing into a loop, for all it supports the broad take on my interpretation of the end (i.e. none of this sort of thing).

Sigh, such a pessimistic old man. ;)

We must take into account Asuka's TRUE final line:

"...... Shinji. Let's go make out."
Shinji: "Ohhhhh... BABY!"

I hope they never ask anyone for a bj.

That's right, boys. You have to take the first taste. If it's not "Mmm mmm good!", you're outta luck. (Except, I hear taste can be changed with diet...)

I think Mr. Tines and I are a bad influence on this forum. Need to get Soluzar to post more so he can be a bad influence, too.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

anatrok
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby anatrok » Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:56 am

I don't have a problem talking about it...I'm just saying that I don't think it's particularly relevent to...anything...How Shinji got it off his hand...

http://www1.odn.ne.jp/%7Ecam84600/SSS/S0.html

And what exactly is this...I'm assuming its a fanfic-Doujinshi...I didn't really look around the site much, cuz I can't read the Japanese, and babel fish isn't really all that much help...

If it is a fanfic, then I have a question about that, but were getting off topic, so I'll make a new topic.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:50 pm

Reichu wrote:Sigh, such a pessimistic old man. ;)

We must take into account Asuka's TRUE final line:

"...... Shinji. Let's go make out."
Shinji: "Ohhhhh... BABY!"

Now that would have been the most disturbing moment, given all that went before.

anatrok wrote:[url]http://www1.odn.ne.jp/%7Ecam84600/SSS/S0.html[/url]

And what exactly is this...I'm assuming its a fanfic-Doujinshi...

Yes, it is. Alas, the fact that the text is just pixels in images means that the translation engines won't pick it up. But, as the saying goes, a picture tells a thousand words; and a link is a link...
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:27 pm

Reichu wrote:That's right, boys. You have to take the first taste. If it's not "Mmm mmm good!", you're outta luck. (Except, I hear taste can be changed with diet...)

The taste can change for both sexes. *hint-avoid eating things heavy in salt-hint* And if you have troubles with the flavor, that is where Pixie Sticks come in.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:27 am

Mr. Tines wrote:Now that would have been the most disturbing moment, given all that went before.

Certainly, the ending would have been even more delightfully controversial. ^_^

Yes, it is. Alas, the fact that the text is just pixels in images means that the translation engines won't pick it up. But, as the saying goes, a picture tells a thousand words; and a link is a link...

Translation engines are evil, anyway. Here, let me try my crappy hand at it.

In the year 2015 A.D., due to Third Impact, people vanished from the face of the Earth...
Two people -- a boy and a girl -- are left behind.
The boy's name is Shinji Ikari.
The girl's name is Asuka Langley Soryu.
They both want to live/exist together.

In the year 2016 A.D., in the new 0 century, the story of the new century
of two people (only two people, two people alone) continues...

That last part was a little funky, but oh well.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:21 am

Mr. Tines wrote:I'm still surprised at the fact that sex-related matters appear to be far more disturbing to many than the violence, or the image collages, some of which seem reminiscent of drawings from severely traumatised children; pure, uncensored mental disruption.

Our deepest desires are also our greatest fears. Because a glimpse of them is turning on the flashlight on the darkest of our souls

My first post in a long time. When the pope went, he threw a grab at something and got my elbow, thus my brain did popcorn. One week in the hospital, but back... the only difference, popcorn in my brain. Be kind enough to forgive any nonsense I might post.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:40 pm

Reichu wrote:Certainly, the ending would have been even more delightfully controversial. ^_^

You mean the debate would be over whether it was a Hollywood style up-beat cop-out or what.

Translation engines are evil, anyway. Here, let me try my crappy hand at it.

In the year 2015 A.D., due to Third Impact, people vanished from the face of the Earth...
Two people -- a boy and a girl -- are left behind.
The boy's name is Shinji Ikari.
The girl's name is Asuka Langley Soryu.
They both want to live/exist together.

In the year 2016 A.D., in the new 0 century, the story of the new century
of two people (only two people, two people alone) continues...

That last part was a little funky, but oh well.

I hadn't realised that this was meant to be a separate continuity to the "Happy end" where we see Misato and her new sprog - and an Adam & Eve scenario at that! I suppose nit-picky questions about infrastructure maintenance would be out of place in that romantic idyll.

Toilet Duck
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Toilet Duck » Sun May 15, 2005 9:40 pm

1. Rei's infamous "floating head of death." not so much as when it appears near the end of the series, but in #14 where it just pops in there.

2. the director's cut Asuka mind-rape scene, especially the part near the end where little Asuka says "uso bakkari" (that's only a lie) and it pans up to show the asuka-doll's face before Asuka starts screaming her head off along with a seizure-inducing barrage of text...

3. the mp evas eating eva-02.

4. the chalk outline of naoko's body in ep. 21.
Last edited by Toilet Duck on Tue May 17, 2005 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Mon May 16, 2005 7:12 am

Mr. Tines wrote:On the topic of that scene, an interesting piece on how it links in to the end of the film was recently posted on the other forum

There is perhaps another more tangible link between the two scenes. That of Shinji's tears falling on Asuka in both scenes. In the first, we get only a single drop, in the last we get a torrent.

Also, one could consider Shinji's tears of regret in the final scene to be a sort of emotional solo bukkake scene, which would further link the two scenes.... I've been reading too many of Reichu's posts...
[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue May 17, 2005 5:55 pm

ObsessiveMathsFreak wrote:Also, one could consider Shinji's tears of regret in the final scene to be a sort of emotional solo bukkake scene, which would further link the two scenes.... I've been reading too many of Reichu's posts...

:shock: Sweet jebus -- for all of the filth in my mind, I'd never think to compare tears to cum! This is your own perversion at work here, not contamination from me. ;)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed May 18, 2005 3:59 pm

Reichu wrote: :shock: Sweet jebus -- for all of the filth in my mind, I'd never think to compare tears to cum! This is your own perversion at work here, not contamination from me. ;)

Isn't the literal meaning of "bukkake" something about splashing with warm water, though? In that interpretation, tears would certainly count.

However, in this day and age, such usage reminds me more of the 1st Century Roman author who bemoaned the fact that "penis" had been used as a euphemism for "mentula" so much that he could no longer use the word in its original sense as meaning "tail".

(Today's fun fact - in the original Latin, the word for the male organ took the feminine declension, and vice versa).

Gazdakka Gizbang
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Gazdakka Gizbang » Thu May 19, 2005 10:08 am

- Unit 01 eating Zeruel, considering I was only about 6 or 7 when I saw
that scene....

- The massively deformed Reis in EoE.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu May 19, 2005 10:57 am

Mr. Tines wrote:Isn't the literal meaning of "bukkake" something about splashing with warm water, though? In that interpretation, tears would certainly count.

I'll never look at the water-splashing scene from "Berserk" the same way again.

However, in this day and age, such usage reminds me more of the 1st Century Roman author who bemoaned the fact that "penis" had been used as a euphemism for "mentula" so much that he could no longer use the word in its original sense as meaning "tail".

Got any linkies for that?

(Today's fun fact - in the original Latin, the word for the male organ took the feminine declension, and vice versa).

Nya~!? Last I checked, there were no such things as "penae" and "vagini"...
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu May 19, 2005 1:51 pm

Reichu wrote:Got any linkies for that?

http://www.panikon.com/phurba/alteng/p.html gives the etymology.

I suspect that I read the anecdote in one of the appendices to Colleen McCullogh's series on the fall of the Roman Republic, rather than on-line & that the writer in question was Martial. Trying to find an on-line citation is likely to be an interesting exercise...

Reichu wrote:

Nya~!? Last I checked, there were no such things as "penae" and "vagini"...

There were - are - such things as mentulae and cunni.

A vagina is something into which a Roman soldier would place his spatha or gladius - another euphemism (vagina -ae f. [a scabbard , sheath, case; the husk of grain].)

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu May 19, 2005 3:13 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:There were - are - such things as mentulae and cunni.

My bad... I was thinking about the two that were imported into English. ^_^;

A vagina is something into which a Roman soldier would place his spatha or gladius - another euphemism (vagina -ae f. [a scabbard , sheath, case; the husk of grain].)

Yeah, heard about that one. The idea that the female reproductive tract is little more than something to stick one's member into sure goes back a ways, doesn't it? The inverse idea needs to gain more ground -- as with Urban Dictionary's definition of "beaver", a "furry mammal that eats wood". :lol: Let us think of the vagina as a drooling, muscular monster that wants to devour the penis; he is merely food to satisfy her raging appetites.

Reminds me of Gilgamex women, who have vaginae that are "three feet wide and full of razor-sharp teeth". That's the sort of thing Terran men have nightmares about, I imagine.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Thu May 19, 2005 4:05 pm

actually vaginas with fangs are kind of sexy to me, not that I'd want to stick my penis in one because I know it would hurt like hell. But still I find fanged vaginas much more sexy then toothless ones, I guess its because when they have no teeth they remind me of my big brother who never brushes and all his teeth fell out, thats kind of a turn off for me, so I just try not to think about that.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”