Naughty Evas in Art

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:20 pm

DatDude wrote:This one looks I don't know almost maternal in a way

That is exactly what that one's about
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Ryo
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Ryo » Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:36 pm

*takes a look at thread....*

GHAAAAAAAA!!!! MY EYEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!

(Ryo is now officially freaked out)
Asuka > Rei

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Titus » Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:25 pm

Ryo wrote:*takes a look at thread....*

GHAAAAAAAA!!!! MY EYEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!

(Ryo is now officially freaked out)

*takes look at thread in breil - eyes being previously removed from 1st sculpture-*

*screams*

*takes axe chops of hands*

(Ryo is not alone.......)
"I say Evamonkey did it himself. After seeing that Titus had more Eva images than him, he was driven into a fit of jealousy that led him to set this up in the hope of infecting everyone with a trojan that automatically rooted through their harddrives and sending him any images he didnt already have." - Space Penis
"some of the most intelligent people I know are complete fuck ups, and some of the less intelligent ones are incredibly interesting and promising." - The Eva Monkey
"Titus I love you!" - Zugzwang
"TITUS + ADSL = Disaster" - Timesplitter 01

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:28 pm

DatDude wrote:This one, as always the workmanship look great.

Thanks. It's actually in an unfinished state there; the "Fan-Art" thread has some additional pictures. The glaze didn't come out quite as I wanted, so I prefer the way the way it looked before it went into the cooker. I'll probably redo the sculpture eventually in Sculpey (which is better-suited to a sculpture of that kind than clay), and make sure Azrael (the adult) gets his spikes this time around.

This one looks I don't know almost maternal in a way but mabe its just the the x-mas pic still hunting my brain, but it could go the other way too.

It's maternal, but with a sort of 'erotic grotesque' twist. That piece is narrative (rather than satiric), so it's hard to explain without giving a little background. In the story it is from, the adult, Azrael (who is a guy), is forced to care for a baby named Kayin, and that includes finding some way to feed her. Under ordinary circumstances, she would be nurtured on the honey-like substance produced by her mother's nucleolae (these two orbs directly underneath the core). Azrael has nucleolae, but, having never been a mother (for obvious reasons), they lie beneath his skin in an undeveloped state.

To feed, Kayin learned to bite through his skin to get to them, and as a result of her brute persistence they eventually begin to produce -- even though they never properly surface, resulting in a perpetual cycle of biting, feeding, and healing. As a result of this, Kayin ingests a large amount of Azrael's blood, which contains a unique substance that sends the pituitary gland into overdrive and makes Kayin grow at an exponential rate. Her mind cannot keep up with her body, and she is not properly 'weaned' until after she has attained adult proportions. (In the sculpture, she is approaching adolescence.)

There is more to Azrael and Kayin's relationship than that (the "erotic" part), but I've probably bored/scared ya'll enough.

Do you feel your trying to say something with these works of art ? If so I'm intrested to know what it is.

In the fan-art thread, Hexon hit upon what is perhaps the underlying current of the Azrael/Kayin one and, indeed, why I find Evas so appealing in the first place. "Christmas Hentai" is a combination of many things -- I think I sort of explained it earlier in this thread.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:23 pm

...or did I? Oh, well.

Being female and growing up in a world where the female body is so heavily exploited (but mine has escaped the notice of virtually the entire male population -- not really a bad thing, come to think of it) leaves a rather bitter taste in the proverbial mouth. Males being exploited for the sake of women is out there, but is remarkably less prevalent, from what I can tell -- I suppose given a little time, things might even out. In my ideal world, nobody would be objectifying anyone, but like that's really going to happen.

Of course, upon getting into anime, it didn't take too long to notice its own unique trends of exploitation. The treatment of the female characters in NGE really highlight the problem, especially the two primary money-makers, Rei and Asuka. Despite Misato's constant promises of "service, service!", within the show itself they are treated tastefully, overall. Once you get into the realm of merchandising and fandom, though, things get out of control.

Countless images of these girls posed in their skin-tight plugsuits -- oftentimes getting uncharacteristically friendly with one another. Rei satisfies bandage fetishists everywhere by being wrapped-up and put into cheesy poses with a helpless, decrepit expression on her face. Otaku can get garage kits of Rei and Asuka in nearly endless variety -- nude (sometimes explicitly so), in any outfit they've worn in their show, and in dozens they have not. You can get them in cat-girl outfits, maid outfits, swimsuits, schoolgirl uniforms, lingerie, Chinese apparel, fancy dresses, Santa outfits, etc. etc. Entire games focus around dressing these characters up and getting them to fall in love with you. Card games exist where you make them strip down if they lose. Hundreds of doujinshi have them fuck and be fucked like nobody's business -- oftentimes in incredibly humiliating ways, but, hey, so long as somebody gets a good splooge out of it, right?

Almost all of the material (sexually exploitative or otherwise) derived from these characters have absolutely nothing to do with them. It just uses their image, and could just as easily be some other female character. Mountains and mountains of gratuitous, unnecessary fanboy fodder. And they eat it up. Whatever the companies do not sell, fans produce themselves.

The culture behind all of this is quite puzzling. Why the hell IS there so much Rei/Asuka/etc. crap? Why are these characters exploited in such a way to begin with? Why does it sell so well? Is there something dreadfully wrong with human culture?

I think so.

Originally, I just drew Evas naked out of curiosity for what they looked like sans armor. Eventually it dawned on me that the sorts of fanboys who jerk off to Rei and Asuka (or those prone to less intense forms of "admiration") recoiled from seeing my drawings. And I discovered a perfect way of exacting my cultural revenge that came to fruition with the original "Santa Barb". No longer did I have to sit and passively listen to fanboys fawn over a cheesy picture of Asuka in a kinky Santa outfit (flashing her PANTSU, of course). I put EVA-03 in the same outfit, had her posed for the boys, and sat back and watched the chaos ensue.

And damn, did it feel good!
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:17 pm

Ok so a cross, repells vampires, a santa barb repells Fanboys?

:lol:

This I like, thank you for making it clear to me.

Now that my inital reaction to your work has been but aside, It makes the sarcasum easier to see. You'll get game sheki karma for this :)
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:26 pm

I do have ideas for an entire series of these things... XHE covers the bondage and "Santa Girl" angles; others would take care of other popular servicey stereotypes like the swimsuit babe (give her a volleyball to make fun of a certain notorious video game), cat-girl, school girl wearing sailor fuku, Bunny, "Gun Girl" (preferably in a French maid outfit, to get another two-in-one), and fit the bandages fetish and lingerie somewhere in there, as well.

As I read this paragraph, the image of a morbidly obese Japanese girl dressed in a revealing Burst Angel-ish cosplay outfit raped its way into my mind. If you could make this a reality, I would... I don't know what I'd do. Throw up, laugh, cry, maybe do something obscene, I don't know.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:19 pm

Ok so a cross, repells vampires, a santa barb repells Fanboys?

Actually I wasn't repelled in the least. Maybe it's because I think about things ten times as horrifying on a regular basis. Seriously, I'm haunted....can't stop thinking about weird ass stuff that would make you all run away screaming. But I've been doing it for so long I've gotten used to it. Right now kinky evas are just everyday things to me.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Ryo
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Ryo » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:26 am

DatDude wrote:Now that my inital reaction to your work has been but aside, It makes the sarcasum easier to see.

Seconded.

And Reichu, forget my comment at the beginning of this thread, I'm rarely serious when I write stuff like that...
Asuka > Rei

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:10 pm

Right on, Sister! (insert "old" rant about the world going to the dogs here).

I found Santa Barb vastly amusing - primarily because I wouldn't find a scene with two human females, similarly attired and arrayed, at all erotic either. You have just parodied it to perfection. (Admittedly I'm weird enough to think of Sigourney Weaver in Alien when thinking "sexy girl-in-undies"; and dismiss the stockings and garter-belt stuff as "But my Mum wore those sort of things!").

And while we're subverting stereotypes, it's probably time to quote from the other board and listen to the squealing :twisted:.

From 4chan spotted by Shin-seiki
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

anatrok
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby anatrok » Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:15 pm

OK, WTF was that pic?

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Titus » Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:16 pm

anatrok wrote:OK, WTF was that pic?

:shock:
Forget wtf it is, lets make a mob and kill who ever the fuck made it!
:x :twisted:
*angry fans forming a mob in background with pitchforks and torches cheer "yay" in agreement*
"I say Evamonkey did it himself. After seeing that Titus had more Eva images than him, he was driven into a fit of jealousy that led him to set this up in the hope of infecting everyone with a trojan that automatically rooted through their harddrives and sending him any images he didnt already have." - Space Penis
"some of the most intelligent people I know are complete fuck ups, and some of the less intelligent ones are incredibly interesting and promising." - The Eva Monkey
"Titus I love you!" - Zugzwang
"TITUS + ADSL = Disaster" - Timesplitter 01

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:25 pm

Imagine how that first meeting seen with gendo would be different if he really were that fat. Shinji wouldn't get on the elevator because he's afraid of facing his dad, he just just wouldn't physically be able to do it because gendo would be so fat.

But would the angles be fat too? Poor sachiel wouldn't look too good if he lost his skinny figure, how would ramiel look?
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

KIC
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby KIC » Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:49 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:From 4chan spotted by Shin-seiki

LOL!

That MP EVA looks really cool.

To get back at what Reichu said: Personally I find that all the Rei/Asuka figure merchandise is rather disturbing (about as disturbing as Reichu's sculpture, but for different reasons...). They are completely objectified, something which I also hate in certain manga and animes (and underwear advertisements...).

I suppose that might also explain why I made this picture
[url]http://kaworu.com/kaworu/art/images/oyacover.jpg[/url] into my avatar...

:D

The mere existence of Evangelion Stripping games makes me feel slightly sick (on the other hand, it has Kaworu in it...I wonder if he also strips and we get to see his private parts :twisted: )

Dave
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Dave » Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:31 pm

KIC wrote:I suppose that might also explain why I made this picture
[url]http://kaworu.com/kaworu/art/images/oyacover.jpg[/url] into my avatar...

There's really only one expression to describe that picture - Kawaiiiiii!!! As to the picture Mr. Tines so gratefully posted for us, it only further proves my point that 4chan is the source of all wordly evil.

To Reichu - preach it! How dare all those horny Japanese boys seduce normally innocent companies into producing such vile merchandise; we should all... Ahh woops - my resin statue of Cat-Girl Asuka with built in baby Lilith fell over! :D
Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:59 am

After a long time in which her artistic endeavours have been off-line, Reichu has finally given in and put a temporary page together to show off her masterwork.

Includes some new images (at least, ones I'd not seen before).

TheBlueTree
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby TheBlueTree » Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:37 pm

Im glad all the pics are 404 lol
Mr. Bud
"Suits? You've got to be kidding me.
Mighty Morphin' Ev-an-gel-i-ooooonnnn!"

Seele 08
"Is it a sign that you might be an otaku when your betta fish are all named after anime characters? One betta is named....Gendo. No wonder my mom and freinds think I'm a nut case."

myheadexplode
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby myheadexplode » Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:42 pm

slightly disturbing, but revenge is sweet, and nobody appreciates revenge against fapboys more than me. kudos to reichu. don't ever let me see that page again ;)
he who would empty the lake of fire must have a long spoon

SEELE 08
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE 08 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:42 am

There's something about Unit 00....

in dominance gear...Christmas dominance gear.

TheBlueTree
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby TheBlueTree » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:22 pm

I would like to see a picture of this statue of an eva or w/e it is though, but the damn link is 404 as I said
Mr. Bud
"Suits? You've got to be kidding me.
Mighty Morphin' Ev-an-gel-i-ooooonnnn!"

Seele 08
"Is it a sign that you might be an otaku when your betta fish are all named after anime characters? One betta is named....Gendo. No wonder my mom and freinds think I'm a nut case."

Return to “Fan Works”