[Fic] Sonic the Hedgehog: GENESIS (An NGE/StH Crossover)

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

•      
  •      

Postby Omegagouki » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:46 pm

Omegagouki wrote:In the famous words of Hubert Farnsworth: Good news, everyone!

I am currenly writing the next chapter in this tale. Today, inspiration just hit me like a sack of bricks made from ground up doorknobs! :lol: I should have it up sometime tonight, probably. So, watch this space!

...Correction! The next chapter is now FINISHED! Thank you, inspiration. So, here we go... the next exciting chapter of...

Sonic the Hedgehog: Genesis
Chapter Five: Variable of X to Y

The bloody mess of what once had been the Twelfth Angel now lay strewn in the middle of Tokyo-3, hazmat and military crews already beginning to wash and cart away its scattered remains.

In the meantime, NERV’s Eva team were already beginning the process of ejecting and opening Eva-01’s entry plug to rescue the pilot within. His vital signs were low, almost nil from the outside readings, and once the plug was opened, Shinji was found to be alive, although quite unconscious. If his Eva had not gone berserk when it did, he would have probably died. Misato had come with the crew, and refused to leave Shinji’s side for the time being.

In the meantime, Eggman had joined one of the search crews, to look for Sonic. The men he was with were decked out in special-issue armor, and wielding high-powered automatic weapons, at the ready for any encounter with the “Angel”. It wouldn’t be so bad for Eggman if he wasn’t waist deep in Angel blood. This day was just getting better and better. He was really hoping Sonic had been lost in the Dirac Sea, this way he would have no worries and his plans would go unallyed.

“Any luck?” he asked the team leader.

“None so far, Doctor,” he responded “There’s just so much blood, that if the creature is still alive, it’s probably drenched in the blood, making it hard to spot. We’ll find it, though.”

Eggman nodded. “What will happen when you find him? Will he be destroyed?”

“That’s what we’re supposed to do, yes. These ain’t standard weapons, and the critter certainly seems to have a weak AT Field, so this will be cake.”

“Don’t be so sure of that…” the round doctor mused to himself “He’s been faced with large beams of energy and survived them… he’s gotten past security checkpoints and crushing objects that should stop any man… large spans of lava and spike traps , he’s soared over them all. Everything I’ve employed against him, from booby traps to large mechanical weapons, to creatures like himself… He’s gone through…”

His thoughts were stopped, when the team leader shouted the order to halt… He looked up, and noticed they were looking at a chunk of flesh that had crushed a parked car on the road, a lump sitting on it, no, a figure, with its face buried in its knees, shivering lightly. The spines that protruded from its head were a dead giveaway.

“So you survived, Sonic… I knew you wouldn’t go down that easily…” he thought with a look of impression. For every defeat, despite how horrible it was for him, even when he was angry with the hedgehog, Sonic never ceased to amaze him with his versatility “Is he… er, it asleep?”

‘Would seem so,” one of the soldiers replied with a whisper.

“All weapons at the ready, men,” murmured the leader “If we can attack while it’s sleeping, we should be able to terminate it easily.”

“I leave this in your hands, gentlemen,” Eggman said, backing away to let them try their thing.

The soldiers quickly used the surrounding environs to clamber onto the chunk of flesh, silently surrounding Sonic, their fingers ready to pull the triggers on their guns.

“Ready,” the leader whispered “Aim…”

The soldiers aimed, and were ready to fire, when Sonic turned his head around a little, his green eyes opening, half-lidded, before speaking.

“So, so much… so much blood… why…?”

The leader blinked.

“It… it speaks human language…”

“What, what was that beast, that terrible beast…?” Sonic muttered “That roar, that figure… the blood.”

The leader and his men were hesitating, actually hesitating… It was as if they were about to take down another human being, unarmed, and at their mercy. They were almost willing to take pity.

“What are you doing?!” Eggman shouted “Stop hesitating and fire! It’s an Angel, don’t let it trick you!”

The leader and his men nodded, stopping their hesitation and readied their weapons again.

“Ready…”

“Aim…”

“Stop!” called out a female voice, and the soldiers once again lowered their weapons and then turned around to see the source… Dr. Ritsuko Akagi, standing waist-deep in the blood, her white lab coat’s lower half completely ruined, standing with several armed NERV personnel and one of their collaboration units. And Eggman knew it was her favorite coat, too.

“Ritsuko, what are you doing?!” Eggman exclaimed “They’re about to take down the Angel… They are to be destroyed, aren’t they?”

“New orders. Commander Ikari called us when he found out about the incident. Seems the Sub-Commander told him what was going on after you and Misato’s little squabble. We’re to bring the Angel back to NERV, whether alive, or dead… Is it still alive?”

“Yes,” replied the team leader “The Angel is still alive, and somewhat conscious, but in a shocked state. We were just about to finish it off, and…”

“Yes.” Eggman responded “Allow them to do their job, and then we’ll take the corpse, and…”

“Commander Ikari said if it was still alive, Doctor,” Ritsuko said, holding out a manila folder “That we are to bring it back to NERV alive! A living Angel specimen that could be easily contained, it’s something that might help us… And I have the signed papers to prove it.”

“But…”

“Standing down and taking capture procedures,” the leader said, lowering his gun and taking his finger from the trigger, Eggman attempting to protest, to get an orderly, firm response “She has paperwork, Dr. Eggman. We can’t do anything about it right now!”

Sonic looked up at them for a moment, blinking, before uttering one more word before falling unconscious.

“Eggman…”

With that, capture procedures began, as they placed Sonic onto a stretcher, restraining his arms and legs with specialized metal restraints that were meant to hold much larger things in a bigger state, rather than these miniaturized versions, before loading him onto a helicopter and headed to NERV‘s helipad.

“So, Commander Ikari ordered it, Ritsuko?” Eggman inquired as they rode in the helicopter.

“Yes,” she responded in an orderly fashion “There’s nothing I can do about it. He’s got the authority to. I don’t. Besides… we just grabbed ourselves a living specimen. And of an easily containable size. We can find more about what makes them tick, even moreso than the Fourth Angel, as this one, is alive.”

“You don’t need to study what makes them tick… you already know. And authority? You have access to the central and terminal--”

“Quiet!” Ritsuko replied with a glare “These people aren’t supposed to know that. You know it’s top secret stuff that you shouldn’t really be sticking your nose in, yourself.”

Eggman twitched and frowned. “I apologize. I seem to have forgotten we were talking in a helicopter with other people. But I suppose you’re right. You’ve now got a living Angel specimen to study.”

Ritsuko nodded, before replying. “Damn, I ruined my favorite lab coat wandering over there. I should have changed clothes.”

“Don’t worry about it, Ritsuko… I’ll buy you a new one, if the Commander doesn’t buy you one, first.”

“Nyeh, I don’t think he would do that,” Ritsuko said with a chuckle “Just not something he’d do. And, thanks.”

“No problem,” Eggman said, adjusting his glasses, as the two sat in silence for the rest of the trip.

The next few hours were a blur, as Sonic was quickly taken into NERV HQ, cleaned up, and quickly placed into a super-reinforced glass tube, his restraints removed for something lighter, but still as durable, before it was filed with LCL, and a special cryostasis chemical to try and keep him sedated, his shoes, socks, and gloves removed. His hands, underneath the gloves were humanoid, and yet, each finger had a chitonous claw rather than a regular fingernail, his feet nearly the same way, only with three toes instead of five, which all looked quite bestial.

Already, fur, nail, and blood samples had been taken, actually before he was placed in the tube, which continued to study and map his body while the samples were taken care of.

“This creature is amazing, ma‘am,” Maya said in awe “Never seen anything like it, even for an Angel. It’s almost like someone just took human and fuzzy animal genes and spliced them together, though the spines kind of remind me of shark fins, somehow, even though as far as can be noted, they’re actually bundles of quills imposed together into these sleek forms.”

“Small quills forming larger quills in such intricate patterns,” said one of the nameless members of the science division “Like, a crazily mutated hedgehog or a porcupine… only… it’s an Angel, and well, they all look like mutant things, some to the point of insane abstraction.”

“Yes, the Angel is quite interesting,” Ritsuko replied “It must be very creative, to have chosen this form…As for the animal, I’d say more of a hedgehog than a porcupine, from what the scans say, it, well, he doesn’t have the standard rodent teeth, they’re kind of a mix between insectivore and human teeth. Almost like a hedgehog somehow evolved into a sentient intelligence. We’ll know more as the tests get results.”

“It’s almost as if this creature isn’t an Angel at all, but a new life form altogether,” Maya noted “Eggman said that he knew it was an Angel, right? Something isn’t adding up, ma’am. He may know what this thing is, whether Angel or not… But he’s being secretive. Isn’t that the way for everyone here, keeping secrets?”

“If he knows something, I’m sure he’ll tell me. I don’t think he’s really the kind to keep a secret this big forever. We’re both scientists, he’ll tell me. I trust him at least that much. I know you’re not fond of him, Maya, but he’s the best we’ve got, now. He’s the Angel expert, he knows when they are to arrive, he knows their patterns…”

Maya frowned, and then sighed. “I don’t like him because everything he does or says, regarding to this… it, everything’s all to convenient. He’s leading many astray… Dare I say he’s like the Commander, maybe even worse? He’s got his own agenda, I can feel it.”

“I trust them, Maya,” Ritsuko grumbled “There’s nothing more to be said. Yes, they may be secretive, but I can still trust them.”

“You going to start ‘trusting’ him like Commander Ikari?”

Ritsuko balked at Maya’s statement. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

“I know you’re sleeping with him, ma’am. It isn’t that hard to figure out, especially if you make observing things your life‘s work.”

Ritsuko could only stare at her apprentice. Maya knew about her and Commander Ikari. Smart, observant girl, there. Her stare turned to a glare.

“Enough, Maya. We have work to do, so I expect you to do your share.”

“Yes, ma’am,” she said dejectedly.

Not too far away, Dr. Eggman was watching, trying to hear their conversation, but only getting bits and pieces, and began to think to himself.

“Maybe you should listen to her, Ritsuko. After all, once those tests are complete, you’ll know that Sonic isn’t an Angel. I suppose it doesn’t matter… the Old Men… Hmm. I will probably have to meet with them… again, soon.”

Several days would pass after that, the experiments and tests continuing off and on. Several times, Sonic almost awoke again, but they managed to keep him sedated.

In the meantime, at the hospital, Shinji was still unconscious, being checked on occasion by his fellow pilots, his friends, and his guardian. It was, that on the fourth day after the incident, he awoke. After being told what had happened, minus a few details he wasn’t privy to knowledge to, his recovery would go by quickly and smoothly, and he would soon be able to go home.

Commander Ikari had returned on the second day, quite irritated, yet also quite interested in the current situation. Eggman had made a spectacular fool out of himself from the inaccuracy of this incident and how he had predicted it, and thereby adding chaos to what was supposed to be order. However, from this failure, Eva-01 was safe, the Twelfth Angel was defeated, and they had gathered a live specimen, this blue, spiny humanoid creature. Tests were going on to see just what it was, whether Angel or something else entirely. He was anticipating these results, despite the irrelevance in his grand scheme of things, as it could easily become quite relevant.

And it was thus, that the sixth day, the results would come. Sonic had been moved to a high-security area and put into an enclosed environment within NERV. The security, however, was lax enough so people could come by and look at Sonic, as if they were going to the zoo.

On this sixth day, a few people had gathered to look at Sonic from behind the super-reinforced glass, including Misato and the Children, including a recovered Shinji. It was a Sunday, no school for them today.

“S-so that’s the Angel that we encountered?” Shinji asked “It’s so small for an Angel.”

“Well, so was that one that hacked into the Magi and infected the test bodies, but look at what it did, dummy!” Asuka replied.

“And then Eggman uses a sample of it to create a new technology and make it a weapon for our own use…” Misato mused to herself “He’s knee deep in this one’s existence too, I’m betting. I hope Kaji finds that information on him soon… Now, now, Asuka, there’s no need for that… We don’t even actually know if this thing is an Angel or not. We’re still waiting on the test results.”

Asuka humphed, before continuing. “Well, whatever. I’m just telling Shinji here that bad things come in small packages, kinda like your penguin, Misato. That, thing, was peeping into my room while I was changing yesterday! I swear, if it wasn’t an animal, I’d throttle it so hard! He needs to know the concept of personal space! At least the pervert knows that much!”

Shinji could only sigh. Some things would never change, it seemed, and he continued looking.

“So, what if it isn’t an Angel?” Shinji finally asked “Then what will happen?”

“Knowing NERV, they’ll probably keep it around for a while,” Misato replied “According to the reports, this one knows human language. Even if it isn’t an Angel, it’s something very different from the norm. If it is an Angel, I’m hoping they’ll destroy it after they have the results they need. Damned Angels…”

“Knowing you, Misato,” Asuka mused “If it isn’t an Angel, you’ll want to bring it home before you know it! Isn’t that always the way, picking up strays like the penguin and the idiot?”

“Considering I’m your guardian, as well, that makes you a stray too, Asuka.”

“Oh, shut up,” Asuka growled, defeated.

They continued to observe for a few more moments, nothing especially interesting happening other than a few twitches from Sonic’s prone figure.

“This is boring,” Asuka said with a sigh “Can we go now? It’s obvious it’s gonna sleep all day.”

“I suppose so, Asuka,” Misato replied “Let’s get going. Come along, Shinji.”

Shinji was about to nod, only to stop when Rei suddenly arrived, still in her school uniform, despite it being a Sunday. Asuka always wondered how the hell she did it without the thing looking ratty or messy. Boringly stale and consistent outfit for a boring, stale, and consistent girl.

“Hi, Rei,” Shinji said with a wave.

“Oh, great, just when things couldn’t get any worse, here comes Wonder Girl!” Asuka grumbled.

“Pilots Ikari, Soryu, Major Katsuragi,” Rei said, bowing.

“What are you doing here, anyway, Wonder Girl?”

“I came to see Specimen XY-257, as you seem to have been doing.”

“Well, it isn’t doing anything but sleeping, so there’s nothing to really see,” Asuka chirped “Then again, knowing you, you’d enjoy watching it sleep all day. You’re just as boring as it is. And hey, you both have blue hair, so maybe you’re related or something!”

“Well, your hair is pretty blue, Rei,” Misato said with a giggle “Pay no mind to Asuka, you know how she is.”

“Do not worry, Major Katsuragi,” Rei stated “I try not to. Besides, our hair is a different shade of blue from each other. Looks more like Pilot Soryu’s eyes, than my hair.”

The other three blinked, before Asuka gave off a glare, Misato smiled, and Shinji, well, he just kept on blinking.

“Yes?” Rei asked.

“Rei, did you just… make a joke?” Misato asked.

And with a blank stare, she replied. “That was not my intent. I was being serious.”

Misato looked at Rei for a moment, Rei looked right back.

“Damned poker face, how am I supposed to tell if you’re lying or not?” she said with an exasperated sigh “Remind me, that if we ever wind up playing poker together, that I should just forfeit of Rei‘s playing?”

Shinji and Asuka nodded.

“I don’t get it.” Rei stated plainly, before turning back to the window to watch Sonic sleep.. But, as soon as she turned to look at the glass, Sonic began to move suddenly. Misato and the other two stopped in their tracks and turned around.

“It’s waking up…” Misato mumbled “Be ready to head to the lockers at a moment’s notice. It’s a really secure cell, but if it’s an Angel…”

Asuka and Shinji nodded quickly, however, Rei continued to watch.

The first thing that happened was Sonic sitting up, before stretching out his arms and yawning, his mouth wide enough to see his teeth. He groaned, his eyes still closed before standing up slowly, before semi-unconsciously doing some calf stretches, as if he was preparing for a race.

Misato blinked on in amazement.

“Calf stretches? It’s… behaving like a regular human like that, doing morning exercises.”

Sonic continued his little session, his eyes opening half-lidded now, the vibrant greens of his irises shining through despite that fact, before moving on to stretching and popping his back.

“It’s exercising?!” Asuka exclaimed “I, I don’t believe this. You’re right, Misato, it’s like watching a normal human… only that thing isn’t human at all! What a strange Angel.”

Sonic yawned again, before reaching behind himself to scratch his butt, followed by a loud, reverberating belch that could be heard from behind the glass. This is when he blinked, and twitched a little, and looked at his hand, clenching it several times in his view. He blinked. Where were his gloves? He looked at his other hand, and then down to his feet. It was with this, he realized he was in a large, metal room with an observation window, there were people there, watching, as he suddenly turned beet red, realizing he was completely naked, his hands quickly moving down to cover his crotch, even though nothing was showing, and he only wore shoes and gloves most of the time. But he was actually truly naked, as he wasn’t wearing a thing. He looked around, in embarrassment.

Rei didn’t bat an eye.

Misato looked completely dumbfounded.

“It… it’s embarrassed that it’s naked?”

“Duh, Misato,” Asuka replied, as flabbergasted as her guardian “Wouldn’t you do the same if you were naked and you realized there were people watching you?”

Rei just looked onward, Shinji turning around to give Sonic his privacy.

“Oookay, so, you’re naked, in an unfamiliar place, and there are people looking at you like you’re some zoo exhibit,” Sonic though to himself “And it’s really, really freaking embarrassing and unnerving at the same time. How did I get here… Wait, I…. Oh…. I… the blood, the darkness, the… it wasn’t a dream. And I’m now a captive of this agency, or whatever it is… Which means Eggman’s involved.”

Sonic looked around a bit, noticing there was a bed and a water dish in one corner of the big, metal room, giving its otherwise barren nature some personality. Ugh, so they thought he was just a crazy animal, or an angel, or whatever. He sighed, lowering his hands, and walked over to the glass to look at the closest person there, which just happened to be Rei.

“It’s… it’s coming toward us!” Misato exclaimed “Get ready, anything might happen, here!”

Shinji, Misato, and Asuka backed off, a little frightened, but also curious at Sonic’s movements, but Rei, she stood her ground and looked at Sonic, her head and gaze tilting down to level with him. Sonic kept his head down for a moment, before looking up to meet her gaze, crimson eyes meeting emerald, and they stared at each other, in silence, Sonic’s hand moving up to touch the glass, Rei’s own hand suddenly doing the same, their hands together on the glass.

The other three stopped, and stared, blinking, unsure of what to say.

And meanwhile, several levels away, Ritsuko was sitting in her lab, one hand drumming fingers on her desk, her other hand holding a lit cigarette, which she put to her mouth to take a drag, when…

“Ma’am, we, we just got the results,” Maya said, coming into the office, holding a large manila envelope, Ritsuko quickly putting the cigarette in the ashtray on the desk.

“Hand it here, Maya,” Ritsuko said, Maya complying quickly, before opening it, and began to sift through the papers, full of genetic and scientific technobabble she knew how to read by heart. She continued reading, at first blinking slowly, then blinking quickly, then slowly again, and then balking as she began to sift and read rapidly, before setting the papers down, turning to Maya and looking at her wide-eyed.

“Is something wrong, ma’am? What are the results? Is it an Angel? Should we go get some help?”

“It’s… not possible. It can’t be scientifically possible…” Ritsuko murmured “There’s no way, I don’t believe this.”

“B-believe what?” Maya inquired, quite surprised, before Ritsuko handed her the results, and she looked through them, and paled as she finished her reading, before responding “Y-y-y-you sure? This, has to be wrong…”

“No, these results were done by the book, checked multiple times. I know how thorough these guys are. He certainly isn’t an Angel, that’s for sure… It should be Angel, Human, or not… but… not… Not a straight zero percent!” 

To be Continued

...well, maybe not that exciting. Ah well, I'm glad I'm finally getting this moving, again. I've played this chapter out in my head many times, getting quite a few variations, until this one just poured outta my skull and onto my word processor.

So, I'll be going back to lurking around now... Tell me what you think!

("Slight" edit 4-1-07: The over 100 percent human ratio, which I thought was interesting at the time began to bother me greatly, so another percentage came to mind... 0% ...Just as strange but far more explainable/plausible.)
Last edited by Omegagouki on Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PSN/Steam: Zentillion | Tum8lr
8luh 8luh
Sill (and always) promoting Homestuck

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

•      
  •      

Postby Omegagouki » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:37 pm

Well, I finished writing the next chapter to the story, but I have no idea when I'll be able to get it put up here, as the modem on my home computer's decided to crap out, so I'm using college library internets to check up on things. I would put it on a floppy and bring it here, but I can't find the floppy I use for such things.

But I will say that this next chapter has a few twists, and you'll get to see the Committee make an appearence. Kwohohohoho.

Oh, and not prodding or anything but some opinions on the last chapter would be nice.

Edit, as not to double post: Make that two new chapters now. My previous comments still stand, though. It could be a while til I can post either. If things keep up this way, I could easily have several new chapters by the time I post them. :lol:
8luh 8luh

Soljer13
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Soljer13 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:44 pm

WHATS WITH THE FREAKIN HIGHRISE IN SONIC/NGE CROSS OVERS THEY HAVE NOTHING IN COMMON WTF? PEOPLE GODDAMNIT YOU CANT MAKE A CROSSOVER OUT OF ANYTHING YOU WANT ITS NOT EFFING COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Caps lock is not, despite the popular rumour, cruise-control for cool
PURGE! CLEANSE! KILL! FOR THE EMPEROR!

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:19 am

soljerameelguy wrote:OU CANT MAKE A CROSSOVER OUT OF ANYTHING YOU WANT ITS NOT EFFING COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Criticism should be delivered with a measure of constructive comment.

Also, more incentive for me to carry on with the Nanoha/Eva crossover I sketched here. Image
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

•      
  •      

Postby Omegagouki » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:42 pm

soljerameelguy wrote:WHATS WITH THE FREAKIN HIGHRISE IN SONIC/NGE CROSS OVERS THEY HAVE NOTHING IN COMMON WTF? PEOPLE GODDAMNIT YOU CANT MAKE A CROSSOVER OUT OF ANYTHING YOU WANT ITS NOT EFFING COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

*derisive snort* I was wondering when I'd get a comment like this on here, and whaddya know, it came. People can make crossovers out of anything they want, because it's their writing, not yours. But, I suppose you're honest enough to object, at least.

And, there's a rise in Sonic/NGE crossovers? That's news to me, considering I couldn't find any around when I first decided on writing this one. Then again, that was back in '05, and it's '07 now, so maybe things have changed a bit. I just haven't cared to look now. Heh, maybe they've actually been inspired by this one to write their own, which would make me most pleased. (Edit: After doing a search, I can safely say there are no other StH/NGE crossovers on Fanfiction.net, so they must be somewhere else, see below paragraph)

Speaking of which, if you actually reply again, please do direct me to some of the other ones, so I can read them and see if StH:G is the superior, which I'm highly thinking the answer being "yes". Because I know there are a lot of shitty crossover stories out there. And this one's at least got some quality.

Mr. Tines wrote:Criticism should be delivered with a measure of constructive comment.

Yes, indeed. While solj can say whatever he wants, concrit helps me out a lot better than telling me off. :P
Last edited by Omegagouki on Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
8luh 8luh

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:49 pm

Omegagouki wrote:*derisive snort* I was wondering when I'd get a comment like this on here, and whaddya know, it came. People can make crossovers out of anything they want, because it's their writing, not yours. But, I suppose you're honest enough to object, at least.

Naruto NGE crossover.

You have been warned. Image
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

•      
  •      

Postby Omegagouki » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:53 pm

slothen wrote:
Omegagouki wrote:*derisive snort* I was wondering when I'd get a comment like this on here, and whaddya know, it came. People can make crossovers out of anything they want, because it's their writing, not yours. But, I suppose you're honest enough to object, at least.

Naruto NGE crossover.

You have been warned. Image

That actually doesn't sound half bad, though my Naruto knowlege is mostly limited to my more Naruto-savvy friends' opinions. Still,as long as the writing's good, it should be sufficient.
8luh 8luh

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:58 pm

I'm thinking team Kakashi (naruto and pals. lol) are dispatched to the hidden country of the ... something. to help NERV fight off angels, kill Kaworu, and help Shinji believe in himself. There will be too much happiness to really be NGE. And I've got 220 episodes to pull images from for illustration. Image

When Naruto fights against or with someone that happens to have psychological problems, there's a 98% chance they will see the error of their ways and become fully rehabilitated. I can't wait.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

master0rolando
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby master0rolando » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:33 am

i think i have friend in a creative writing course who has an assignment where he has to write a crossover story for two characters that are totally different...considering that insanity of the idea...your doing pretty good...

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

•      
  •      

Postby Omegagouki » Sat May 12, 2007 2:26 am

Well, my connection is back, and that means I can update with the two new chapters! Like I did the first time when I had a chapter backlog, I'll post the chapters a few days apart. So, without further ado, the next chapter!

Chapter Six: Fragments of Truth

Sonic and Rei’s long stare into each other, accompanied by the stares at them lingered for what seemed to be an eternity, before the silence was broken by Sonic, himself.

“You remind me of someone…”

Rei was silent for a moment, before replying.

“I do not know why that could be. We have never met before.”

“Never mind,” Sonic said “It’s just something in your eyes. It’s the red.”

“Red eyes? Someone like me?” Rei inquired.

“No, someone like me. Like I said, it’s nothing important.”

“I see,” Rei said, lowering her hand and turning to the others “Why are you staring? Is something wrong?”

“She knew we were staring?” Asuka questioned.

“It would seem so…” Misato said, trailing off.

“I think they were staring at me… Miss…?” Sonic said, not knowing what to call her.

“Rei Ayanami,” she responded “And you…?”

“Well, Rei, my name’s Sonic. Like I said, they were staring at me. Since I got here, they’ve freaked. I suppose it’s because they’ve never seen something like me before. Gotta love people!”

“Sonic…?” Misato murmured “That doesn’t sound like an Angel name at all… Then again, what do we really know about Angels other than they’re trying to kill us…”

If Sonic was in earshot, he would have had a quick response to that, but as it was, the only person who could really hear Misato’s musings was Shinji, Asuka was paying more attention to the glass than her muttering.

“Maybe, it’s not an Angel, Misato?” Shinji said, finally speaking up “It doesn’t seem to be wanting to kill us now…”

“Now being the key word, Shinji,” Misato replied “Who’s to say about later? I don’t think the waiting game is over just yet.”

It was then that her cell phone couldn’t help but beep, with a tune she had for only one person. She blinked, held up a hand, and excused herself.

“That’s Ritsuko’s ringtone. Excuse me,” was all she said as she left the room and ducked into the nearest hallway, before answering her phone “Hey, Ritsu. Get the tests results back? What? Hey, calm down! You’re mumbling too fast, I can’t understand you. Ritsu, calm down, and just tell me… Wait, what?! Zero percent?! Solid zero?! How is that possible?! You don’t know yet? Okay, okay, so… I take this means he’s not an Angel after all? Okay, so what do we do now?”

From the room she and Maya were in, Ritsuko had only one response, before rushing out the door.

“We don’t do anything until I get there! Understand?”

“I gotcha. I’ll be waiting,” was the response, which didn’t have to wait long for results, as Ritsuko arrived almost instantly “That was fast. So, what are we going to do?”

“The creature’s reported to be sentient and know human language,” she replied.

“I know, I know, I heard it talk and saw it exercise just like a human. Pretty good Japanese for a… creature. Says its name’s Sonic. Not an Angel’s name, that’s for sure. It’s almost like a nickname or a codename. I’m sure you remember what he did during that last Angel attack.”

“Broke the friggin’ sound barrier. I know. So, it has a name. XY-257... It’s called Sonic. Still doesn’t explain how it shouldn’t actually exist, but does.”

“So, again, what do we do now?” Misato asked, wanting an answer this time.

“Prepare an interrogation room. If it can speak, then maybe it has some answers.”

Misato nodded, dialing a number on her phone.

“On it.”

A few moments later, Misato and Ritsuko arrived at the entry hatch to Sonic’s environment, Misato pulling her beloved H&K SP for defense. The two didn’t exchange any words, and simply nodded to each other, before Misato opened the door and slipped inside.

In the meantime, Shinji and Asuka had come forward to gain a closer look at Sonic, even managing to strike up conversation and some introductions, although it took some goading from Asuka to make Shinji speak.

“So, Shinji, Rei, and Asuka,” Sonic began “What are three kids doing in what I can gather is a large military base? Doesn’t seem like a place for you guys to be, no offense.”

“We… work here,” Shinji responded.

“Yes, indeed we do!” Asuka said with a grin, smacking her chest with her fist “We’re Eva pilots! I’m the best one around! I suppose these two are okay, but I’m the best. Tee hee!”

“Well, you’re certainly enthusiastic, Asuka,” Sonic responded with a smile, before his face straightened “But why? And, just what is an Eva?”

“You’ve seen ‘em! They’re the giant…”

Asuka’s response was cut off by Misato entering the room, gun raised, pointed at the ready in Sonic’s direction.

“Freeze, creature!” Misato barked “Try anything, and I will shoot.”

Sonic turned around, Asuka and Shinji looking at Misato in surprise. Sonic, however, only lowered his head and raised his hands.

“I could probably dodge it, but I don’t want to cause any trouble,” Sonic replied “Whaddya want?”

“Creature… Sonic,” Misato replied, lowering her gun, but not holstering it “I want you to come with me. There are some important things we need to discuss with you. Will you cooperate?”

Sonic lowered his arms before raising one to give her a thumbs up.

“Show me where you want to talk, ma’am.”

Misato nodded, now holstering.

“Follow me and Dr. Akagi, Sonic.”

Sonic lowered his hand and complied, following.

It wasn’t long before they arrived in an empty room with a desk and a few chairs, Sonic was motioned to the singular chair on one side of the room, while the two women sat on the other side, soon joined by a pair of NERV guards.

“Will you respond to our questions?” Misato asked.

“Ask away,” Sonic replied “Though, I got the doctor’s name, but not yours.”

“We’re the ones asking the questions, but I suppose I’ll introduce myself, first. I’m Major Misato Katsuragi, Chief Operations Manager here at NERV. Now, then. What is your full name?”

Sonic said nothing for a moment, as if thinking, before responding.

“I’m Sonic. Sonic the Hedgehog.”

“So you are a hedgehog after all, then,” Ritsuko said, bemused “Though, you don’t look like or talk like any hedgehog I’ve ever seen.

“You’re probably thinking of mundane hedgehogs, Doctor. As you can see, I’m certainly not mundane at all!”

Ritsuko nodded.

“Sorry about that, Misato. Continue.”

“That sounds more like just your nickname and species, Sonic,” Misato said “What’s your real name?”

“I’m sorry, but that’s a secret, Major,” Sonic said with a chuckle “I don’t like giving out my real name. My mother’s the only one who knows it. Sorry, really.”

“I won’t pry any further on that front, then, Sonic. On to the next question… why are you here, exactly? I’m sure you’ve noticed there has been a lot of hostility towards you since you appeared. This is because we have no idea your intentions or reasons.”

Sonic’s expression got a little tense, if not a little angry, as he responded.

“Tell me about it! I’ve had people shoot at me, robots both small and ginormous trying to squish me, I was trapped in blackness and then thrown out covered in blood and other bad things, and now I’m here. It’s pretty annoying, if you ask me.”

“I wouldn’t doubt it,” Misato said with a nod “But, the question at hand, Sonic. For what intents and purposes are you here for?”

“I’m here on a mission. I’ll tell you, it’s been an adventure so far.”

Misato tensed, already reaching for her gun, but she continued to talk to him, anyway.

“What mission is that? What brings you here to Tokyo 3? Are you here to invade NERV? If so, then we’re going to have to lock you up again, or if push comes to shove, terminate you.”

“Why would I invade NERV? No, that is certainly not why I’m here. Really. Speaking of which, why are you being so hostile?”

“I’ll answer this one, Misato,” Ritsuko interrupted “Do you know what an Angel is, Sonic?”

“As far as I know, they’re human-looking messengers of God. With big, feathered wings and halos. Though, I have heard some of the people refer to me as one. I certainly don’t look the part, doc, so something must be different around here.”

Misato blinked, and then chuckled.

“Well, yes, those are supposed to be angels, but, no. We’re referring to something different. So if you really don’t know… Then he must not be one then, right, Ritsu?”

“It would appear so,” Ritsuko said “Though you never know. But, yes, those aren’t that type of angel. We’re talking about the Angels. They’re creatures, usually of massive proportions, that are currently trying to destroy the human race. They’re called ‘Angels’ because their arrival was predicted by the Secret Dead Sea Scrolls, and were referred to as such within the texts. A perfect example would be that striped ball and the darkness you were thrown into for a time. That was an Angel.”

“Well, I’m not here to invade NERV, and I’m certainly not here to exterminate humans, Doctor,” Sonic responded “In fact… I’d never try to exterminate anyone. That’s just not part of my ideals. In fact, my main purpose in life is to help anyone, humans or otherwise who are in need. I try to stop the injustices and tragedies that can occur.”

Misato’s tension completely left her, and she smiled, before replying.

“Well, then, that is very good to know. Here we are, thinking that you were here as a threat to us, but, if what you say is true, then we apologize for our actions… Or at least, I apologize. But, still, what is your mission?”

“I’m here to stop someone who doesn’t belong here, Major.”

“Oh? Do tell. And please, just call me Misato, if you want to.”

“Well, Misato,” Sonic said “I’m here to stop a mad scientist who has come here, from trying take over the world. I am here because I make it my life’s work to stop him, whatever he tries.”

Misato blinked for a few moments, the room becoming dead silent. But, she finally replied, already suspecting what she thought she might be.

“Mad scientist? And you say it’s a male mad scientist? Well, I do know of quite a few scientists that are male, but mad scientists are usually a part in fiction. A real mad scientist is trying to take over the world…”

Ritsuko had stayed silent since the last time she said anything, and she was going to stay silent for the time being.

“Anyway,” Misato continued “This scientist… this guy who wishes to take over the world, what does he look like? What’s his name?”

“Well, for starters, he’s round,” Sonic said “And he’s tall. Oh yeah, and he has this ridiculous, huge handlebar mustache, while being completely bald on the head. He‘s pretty eccentric.”

Ritsuko and Misato balked, and then looked at each other, Misato’s look was confident, Ritsuko looking as if it was trying to deny something.

“Is his name… Dr. Eggman?” Misato asked “Because there is a scientist fitting that description working here. And ever since he came here, I’ve been highly suspicious of him. Is that the man you’re looking for, Sonic?”

“Oh yeah. That’s Eggman, alright. How long has he been working here?”

“A couple months,” Misato said, suddenly smirking “So, I was right. I was right… I knew he was trouble the moment the Commander introduced him to the rest of the staff… I knew he knew too much to not have an agenda. Sonic, thank you for telling us this. It would seem it was fate that you came here… There’s only one thing to do now…”

And with that, she picked up the phone on the desk and made a call, pushing on one of the shortcut buttons. After a few rings, there was a response, and Misato replied back.

“NERV security. This is Major Misato Katsuragi. The new scientist, Dr. Eggman is a criminal. What? Yes, I know it’s hard to believe, but I just got the info. He is a criminal. I want him arrested, immediately. I don’t care how many of you have to go after him, I want him ARRESTED. Am I clear on this?! Don’t shoot him unless you have to. …WHAT? I have to get permission from the commander or sub-commander? Oh, don’t you worry, I’ll get it.”

And with that, she slammed the phone back down, not even bothering to call the main office. No, she’d storm down there herself. And so, before Ritsuko knew what was happening, Misato was gone from the office, the door slamming form her exit, the two guards re-opening the door and following close behind her.

Ritsuko was at a complete loss for words. The scientist who had become her understudy, the man she had been working on new endeavors with, someone who over the past while she could call a friend and confidant, was a crook? Was it true?

“It, it can’t be true,” She said, standing up and staring at Sonic “There’s no way. Sonic… I don’t know what you’re trying to pull, but I don’t believe you. I KNOW Eggman. I haven’t heard about any criminal activity by a man with at name anywhere.”

“It is true, doc,” Sonic replied “Eggman is a shameless megalomaniac. His dream is to rule the world as the greatest scientific genius in existence… whether it be on this world or…”

But before he could finish, Dr. Ritsuko Akagi was out the door. She had to find Eggman. NOW.

“Well, this is just wonderful,” Sonic sighed, shaking his head “Eggman, whatever you were doing here, it’s all gonna be ending. Guess I should stay here until Misato gets back… Wait, what am I saying?! I’m not the type to just sit around! I’m coming, Eggman!”

And with that, Sonic was also out the door, the interrogation room now once again empty of any inhabitants, well, except for the spider that had made its home in the corner behind some boxes, oblivious to what had just occurred in the room.

--Commander Gendo Ikari’s Office--

“Misato Katsuragi’s at the door, and she has something urgent she wishes to speak to us about, Ikari,” Kozo said, leaning down to his once protégé and now commanding officer.

“Let her in,” Gendo said, his hands folded in front of his face.

Misato came in immediately, wandering over to about halfway in the room, before saluting.

“Commanders.”

“Major, what is the urgent news you wish to talk to me about?” Gendo inquired, not wasting any time.

“We’ve gotten some information from the creature we captured. His sentience is amazing, it’s like he’s a human being. He’s informed me that Dr. Eggman is here at NERV for nefarious purposes. What little trust you had in him, you can throw out the window.”

“And, the creature told you this, Major?” Fuyutsuki asked, a little skeptical, while Gendo simply stayed in his trademark pose.

“Yes, Sub-commander. For all intents and purposes, the creature, which calls itself Sonic is not here to invade NERV or destroy humankind. He’s here to stop Eggman from attempting a planetary takeover. He’s probably been using NERV since the very beginning, sir.”

“I see,” Gendo said, his tone of voice unchanging “So, he has been lying to us. An interesting development. However. The creature, this Sonic, you do know he could be lying, just the same, right?”

“That could be possible, yes, but Sonic sounded completely sincere and honest,” Misato continued “Even if he is lying, there is no doubt in my mind now that Eggman has been keeping secrets from us. From how he sounded, the two have a history. I have no doubt he’s known about Sonic since the very beginning. I’m requesting permission to have him arrested by any means necessary, immediately.”

“What do you think, Fuyutsuki?”

“I think we should listen to Major Katsuragi, Ikari,” Kozo replied without pause “We haven’t actually trusted him. A the very least, we should capture him so he can tell his side of the story.”

“Very well,” Gendo said “Put out the order. Dr. Eggman is to be found and arrested as soon a possible.”

“This search could take a while,” Misato said “Especially if he realizes we’re on to him.”

“Don’t worry, Major. I know where Dr. Eggman is. He went to meet with the Committee but a little while ago. He hasn’t returned from the meeting yet, so we’ll arrest him when he comes out.”

“Wait, why’s he meeting with them?!” Misato yelled.

“They wished to talk to him privately,” Fuyutsuki answered “They are probably on to him, as well. This is the second time they’ve spoken to him privately since his arrival.”

“If they suspect him, then we’ve got everything in the bag.”

“Indeed, Major,“ Gendo said, nodding “Get the security forces ready for capture.”

Misato saluted, and turned out the door to carry out her orders. Finally, Eggman was going to get what was coming to him.

--Earlier, Committee Meeting Room--

“Welcome back, Dr. Eggman,” the cyborg committee head, Keel Lorenz, said in greeting as he and his four comrades appeared as colored holograms in the room, in front of their audience, Eggman.

“Thank you, Herr Lorenz,“ Eggman replied with a polite bow.

“You know why you’re here, do you not?” asked the other mustached and bespectacled man in the room other than Eggman, bathed in green light.

“I certainly would hope so, Mr. Cassin.”

“Yes, we are here to talk about Ikari,” the muscular man bathed in red light responded “Is that what you were thinking?”

“Of course! Ohohohoho! So, do you believe what I’ve said before?”

“It would seem we have no choice but to believe you, Doctor,” Keel replied “The evidence you have provided has been… interesting. To think, you have come from another world, just to make sure our plans are realized in full. Your knowledge about us is very, very convincing. But on to the matter at hand…”

“Ikari’s eventual betrayal,” said the long-nosed man with glasses, bathed in yellow.

“That will set us back and utterly foil our plans of godhood as one being,” said the red man “And we can’t very bloody well have that.”

“Indeed not,” Keel continued “After consideration and discussion between all of our society, we believe you. Ikari will betray us, and everything we have dreamed of will fall, unless we take action. We will have to trust the destruction of the Angels to someone who we hope will be more trustworthy overall.”

“Yes, we must thank you for all the valuable information you have provided,” Yellow said, with a nod.

“Well, I suppose that ends the meeting, then,” Eggman said “I will be on my way now.”

“The meeting ends when we say it ends, Doctor,” Keel said with a glower, as best as a person with a visor over his eyes could muster “So, we have heard that the… blue creature has been taken to NERV headquarters.”

“Yes, Herr Lorenz. It will only be a matter of time before he wakes up and begins his mission to disrupt my, no, excuse me, our efforts. I doubt I can keep the façade of him being an Angel for much longer. And then, I will be in trouble at NERV.”

“We will have to make sure your position within NERV can be kept,” the blue man finally spoke out “After all, we are the real leaders of it, no matter what Ikari believes he can do to usurp us. And we need you to stay at NERV for at least a bit longer.”

“In fact,” Red began “We have already made the preparations to keep you within NERV no matter the upcoming outcome. We hope it will be sufficient.”

It was then, a couple of papers emerged from the fax machine seated near Eggman’s chair, which he quickly scooped up and looked over, before grinning broadly.

“Thank you. You won’t regret this.”

“We should hope not, Doctor,” Mr. Cassin said, matter of factly.

“Also,” Blue said “Have our funds and materials been sufficient for you?”

“Yes, Mr. Kovanovich,” Eggman said “The construction is going well so far, but it will still take some time before it is complete. I would have it built faster, but I know your supplies are limited enough with your own projects and NERV to deal with. Speaking of your projects, has EVA-04’s construction being taken care of with the preventive measures I suggested?”

“Yes, of course,” Cassin replied with a nod “Hopefully the incident you say that will occur will not happen now.”

“That will be all for now, Eggman,” Keel said “Good luck, SEELE is behind you one hundred percent. I do hope that it will stay that way. Do not think of betraying us.”

And with that, the holograms vanished, one by one.

“Don’t worry, Herr Lorenz, I won’t,” Eggman said, before adding on, in his mind “…Yet.”

And with that, he exited the meeting room and headed out, to be met with a horde of NERV officers, guns pointed at him. He chuckled, raising his hands, the papers still clutched within one. It was a few moments before Misato arrived and looked at Eggman with a condescending glare.

“Jig’s up, Eggman,” she said menacingly “Your plot is over. Sonic has informed us of your true intentions. Time to go. I’m going to make sure your cell’s nice and cramped.”

“Well, it seems I’ve been caught,” Eggman said, amused.

“What’s so amusing? It’s over!”

“Oh ho ho ho. Is it? If you say so,” Eggman said, grinning slyly.

“As does Commander Ikari,” Misato sneered “Now, wipe that smile off of your face and come with us.”

“Oh, I don’t know if even Ikari will be able to get rid of me. Take the papers from my hand, if you please. You’ll find them very interesting.”

Misato growled, snatching the papers from his hand, before looking them over, before paling, and then going red with anger.

“I don’t believe this. Everyone, stand down… The good doctor here… He’s just been granted immunity. We can’t touch him.”

The guards sighed, before putting down their guns and walking away.

“Too bad, Major, but I get to stay here for now,” Eggman chuckled.

“This isn’t over, Eggman. Not by a long shot. I won’t allow you to continue this. Neither will Sonic, or anyone else here. And don‘t think diplomatic immunity is going to help you.”

“We’ll see, major, we’ll see.”

With that, Misato stormed off, leaving Eggman to be proud of himself. For now, he had won.

He, however didn’t notice the blonde in the lab coat heading towards him from the side…

To be Continued

And there you go, at last! The next installment of my story. I'm glad to have my connection back so I can bring you the new chapters whether you want them or not.

That is all, for now.
Last edited by Omegagouki on Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
8luh 8luh

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

•      
  •      

Postby Omegagouki » Thu May 17, 2007 4:52 am

Chapter 7: New Home

There was Eggman, standing with some papers in his hand, standing tall and proud, victorious. Not only had he managed to trick the Old Men, but he had gained immunity against one of the larger threats against his plans and had riled up Major Katsuragi in the process. Things were great.

Well, until Ritsuko Akagi’s fist made contact with his jaw, and he bent to the side with a grunt, papers in hand flying into the air from the force of the impact.

“YOU,” she hissed “You have a LOT of explaining to do, Doctor… If you even are one!”

“So,” he groaned in response “I take it the hedgehog said a few things about me, none of them too good, by your reaction, Ritsuko.”

“Until I tell you otherwise, Ivo, you will be calling me ‘Dr. Akagi’ from now on. Is that clear?”

“Crystal,” he responded with a wince, bending over to collect the papers she had made him drop.

“I’ll let you think about how you’re going to explain things, for now,” she growled, rubbing her hand “I will be seeing you in our, no, MY office in a little bit. And don’t think about not showing up, or there will be hell to pay. Understood?”

“Yes, Dr. Akagi,” Eggman replied, as she put her hands in her coat pockets and sulked off to her office. When she was out of his line of sight, he sighed and rubbed his sore jaw. “Damn, that woman can hit. How am I going to explain? But I can’t bail out, I wouldn’t doubt she’d carry out her threat… There’s got to be some way to reverse this little setback… Hmm.”

And so, he began to think…

--Commander Ikari’s Office--

“The Old Men gave Eggman what?” was all Fuyutsuki could muster, surprised.

“Full diplomatic immunity,” Misato replied, her voice with a hint of irritation “Until it’s said otherwise, he’s pretty much untouchable, Commanders. Maybe you could do something about it?”

Gendo’s calm face and tone of voice belied his utter fury at this new development.

“To say I wasn’t expecting this would be a lie,” he said “Seems I overestimated the Old Men this time. I was assured that they wouldn’t take his side, but I knew there was the possibility of error. How a conman like him could accomplish something like this is very, very unfortunate.”

“How can you be so calm at a time like this?!” Misato growled.

“Trust me, Major, I’m not as calm about this as I look. But this isn’t the time, nor the place for such things.”

“Like hell it’s not, Commander. Still, how was he able to get the Old Men to give him immunity? It’s outrageous!”

“The committee are firm believers in their own ideals,” Fuyutsuki sighed “Somehow, the doctor probably managed to make them buy into his little illusion. One possibility is, that with that knowledge he seems to have, they see him as a sort of prophet or oracle.”

“Well, then,” Misato began “Guess we’ll have to reveal to them just how false he is. The question is, how?”

“Quite simple, Major,” Gendo said “We continue to play his game. Before, we didn’t have the piece we needed to move on within it. But now, we have… the creature. If he is what he claims to be, then he could prove to be very useful in gaining the upper hand.”

“You can’t be serious, Commander. I’m sick and tired of having to use people as tools, whether human beings, or like Sonic! You may be able to do that without batting an eye, but I can’t. And, what if we’re wrong? What if this ends in disaster?”

“Currently, Major, are there any other options available, that you can think of?” Kozo asked her.

Misato stood there for a moment, thinking, before sighing and lowering her head.

“No. Nothing’s coming to my mind right now. Currently, we don’t really have any other choice… and if we don’t do anything, then we’ve already lost.”

“Well, then, Major Katsuragi, the choice is clear,” Gendo retorted “The creature will be used to help us end this little game. And, I am making the creature your responsibility, as well. Can you handle that, Major?”

This was met with a moment of dead silence, before Misato simply responded, “Fine. Great, Asuka’s right. I am taking in every little stray I can find… I’ll just have to deal with it… besides, this could actually be pretty interesting. Yes. Take it nice and optimistic, Misato.”

“Well, then. What is the first order of business, Major?”

“More testing?” she replied.

“Yes,” Gendo said “The scientific testing to find out what the creature is has been… mostly… finished. Running compatibility and ability tests would be the next logical step. If the creature can pilot, then so be it. If not, then we can surely find something else he could do, considering what has already been reported about him. When can you start?”

“Tomorrow, Commander. Best to give Sonic some breathing room for today. I think he’d appreciate it.”

“Very well.”

With that, Misato gave a salute and walked out of the office.

“Are you sure about this, Ikari?” Kozo asked when she was out of earshot.

The only response Gendo gave was a smirk that could cut glass.

--NERV Science Department - Ritsuko Akagi’s Office--

Ritsuko sighed, crushing another cigarette in her ashtray before taking a gulp of lukewarm coffee. Eggman had better have a good explanation for all of this. Her hand was still sore from the punch she gave him. She could hit, but he was certainly sturdy. What lies had he told her? What were his reasons for using her? Who, or perhaps what, was he, really? And soon, she would get some answers, as the rotund doctor entered her office, mustache drooped, his head lowered.

“There you are, Ivo,” Ritsuko grumbled, lighting up “Don’t even bother to sit down. Begin talking.”

“I, er, uh, well, you see, Dr. Akagi,” Eggman mumbled, “I am… well, you see…”

“What? You’re a fake? A liar? A con artist? You’ve been using NERV, and me for your own personal gain?”

“I…”

“Out with it,” she said with a glare, taking a drag.

“Dr. Akagi,” Eggman said, calming himself finally “I am a scientist acknowledged in several fields of expertise, as I told you when we first met. That, was the truth. My grandfather and father were both scientists of extraordinary caliber, that was true. But scientific expertise and family occupation aside… I am a conman and a megalomaniac. I did come to NERV with the intent to use it in my newest set of plans.”

Ritsuko was silent for a moment, before responding, “So, then what Sonic said was true. You are after power and the world, then. I trusted you, and you have totally let me down. Do you know how hurt I am? A person who I considered a colleague and a friend, turning out to be a greedy, power-hungry, lying madman?”

“I can tell, Dr. Akagi. I can tell you are deeply angry and hurt by discovering the truth. Especially the way you did, being told by, being told by HIM. I wish he had been destroyed, I wish he hadn’t come after me at all. He is here to stop me, to take me down.”

“Well, then, get out of my office. Don’t show your face here again. And as for your immunity, don’t bother. Resign from NERV, and just, just go away.”

“Wait, please, Dr. Akagi,” Eggman begged, a plan formulating in his head “I have a little more to say. Please, please just hear me out, before you really mean those words.”

She was silent for a moment, staring at him with intense, angry green eyes, before sipping her coffee.

“Fine,” she sighed “But make it quick. And then take your leave.”

“My original intent was to come down here to NERV to steal the Evas, and get my hands on any of the other advancements here. I’d use information about the Angels to convince NERV that I was an asset to it, before robbing it blind and then using everything to make the world mine.”

“Original intent? Meaning?”

“Meaning, that was what I intended to do when I first arrived. But, then, when I came here… To actually work here at NERV, that completely changed everything. It was then, I discovered the real meaning of working here. My plans began to fade as I realized, I actually realized… That here, I was making a difference in the world, and without needing to take it over. I actually began to believe in the cause that NERV represents.”

Ritsuko looked at him with an incredulous gaze, blinking, her mouth and mole twitching in thought, before taking another gulp of coffee.

“Are you serious?” she inquired “Or are you just playing a con again?”

“I’m serious,” came the response “I want to help defeat the Angels and make the world safe for humankind, and make my mark on the world that way, rather than making my mark as a conqueror. But, most of all, in coming here… I met one of the only people of whom I could consider an intellectual equal. Your vast knowledge… It’s an inspiration. I’ve never been so interested in an individual before. You’re someone I can call a colleague. A friend. And I feel terrible about not telling you the truth. But that doesn’t matter now.”

Ritsuko was dead silent now, her face a complete blank.

“But it’s too late for all that now,” Eggman continued, smiling momentarily, before frowning, his mustache once again drooping “So, I’ll be on my way. It was nice working with you, Dr. Ritsuko Akagi. Farewell…”

And it was with that, he turned around, and began heading out the door, only to be stopped by Ritsuko.

“Wait,” she said.

“What?” he asked, not bothering to look at her face to face.

“Flattery will get you nowhere, Ivo. But they do say that the truth will set you free.”

“Meaning?”

”Meaning, sit your ass down. This whole fiasco has made the work pile up around here. I can’t expect Maya to do it all, can I? So get to work, Doctor, there’s no excuse to dawdle.”

“You forgive me?” he asked her, blinking.

“For the most part,” she said “Just don’t make me regret it, Ivo.”

“As you wish, Dr. Akagi,” Eggman said with a nod.

“Hey, we’re colleagues. Ritsuko will do.”

It was with that, Eggman and Ritsuko got back to work, as if nothing had happened on that day. The brown eyes watching from a side room ducked back behind the door, and blinked for several moments, before gaining an irritated squint.

Lieutenant Maya Ibuki hadn’t meant to eavesdrop, but she heard everything from her vantage point behind the door. Not only had that bastard gained immunity, but it would seem he had gotten Ritsuko to forgive him. This wouldn’t stand at all. But, with the immunity, she couldn’t do anything against him, just yet…

--Somewhere Else in NERV HQ--

Misato had been looking around for at least twenty minutes now, and could find no trace of Sonic so far. She knew the last place he had been was the interrogation room, but he had long since gone. Figures someone of his size would be hard to find in this place. The Commander would have her head if she had lost him. Still without results, she decided to check up on Shinji and Asuka before searching once again. Usually, they would go to the employee lounge to wait on her when they didn’t have anything to do during the time they were there.

When she arrived in the lounge, she noticed a bunch of the staff was huddled around one of the spots in the lounge, and she could have sworn she saw the Children within the crowd, and looked over. Certainly enough, there were Shinji and Asuka, and Rei, even, and they were watching a certain blue figure wolfing down food at a rapid pace, the crowd oohing and ahhing , transfixed.

“What in the hell?” Misato said, squinting, before looking at Asuka.

“There you are, Misato!” Asuka called “Been wondering how long that business was taking! You’re missing the fun! Sonic’s already eaten five normal meals and is still going!”

“He is quite fast,” Rei commented “I am… almost in a trance watching.”

“And before that, he did some backflips and laps around the lounge!” shouted one of the various employees.

“This is so cool!” said another, as Sonic went on to a seventh meal.

Misato sighed, giving the crowd a funny look, before giving up and enjoying the show.

Sonic had called it quits after nine and a half meals and was now rubbing his belly, full and satisfied.

“Delicious!” he exclaimed with a grin “Wasn’t that something, Misato?”

“Yeah, suppose it was,” she replied “I do have some news for you, that affects you, and Shinji, and Asuka here.”

“What’s the news, Misato?” Shinji inquired.

“Yeah, tell us, tell us!” Asuka chirped.

“I’ve spoken with Commander Ikari,” she said “Sonic is under my care as of this moment. We have decided that Sonic here is not a threat, but will have to be cared for and watched over. He has ordered me to do so, but I don’t really mind. The question is, do any of you mind?”

“N-n-not really,” Shinji said.

“See, what did I tell you, Misato?” Asuka gloated “I knew you were gonna bring him in! And no, I don’t mind, as long as he stays out of my room!”

“Well, Sonic?” Misato inquired, the Children looking at the hedgehog.

“Well, Misato, the truth is, I really don‘t like being tied down anywhere for too long unless I absolutely have to,” Sonic said “I don’t really like just sitting around, doing nothing. What about Eggman, though?”

“He’s still going to be working here. He got himself diplomatic immunity, so we can’t get rid of him unless he leaves, himself. Which is the reason why NERV wants to keep you around, why they’re putting you in my care.”

Sonic looked surprised, irritated, thoughtful, blank, calm, and thoughtful again, before replying.

“Okay,” he said “But as long as I do get to get out and get some fresh air and wander the city. I can handle people staring or being afraid. As long as Eggman continues working here, I’ll be here. Anything else?”

“Yes, actually,” Misato answered “We’ll be performing tests and such on you starting tomorrow. If you’re going to be staying here with NERV to watch over Eggman, it would seem best that you work as a part of NERV.”

Sonic simply nodded, and replied, “So, when do we leave?”

“Now, if that’s possible”

The Children nodded to Misato.

“Let’s go, Sonic!” Asuka cheered “I don’t really like living with these two, but you may just make things actually fun. This is going to be great!”

“It’ll be nice having you around,” Shinji said with a small smile.

“I certainly hope we can become good friends,” Sonic said “Let’s get going!”

The Children and Misato nodded, and they were off.

Rather than Sonic riding in Misato’s car with the others, he ran alongside the car, as Shinji and Asuka watched him, Shinji simply in awe, Asuka cheering the blue speedster along as he performed tricks and feats of daring through his run.

And eventually, they reached the apartment building, and soon Misato’s apartment.

“Did you SEE that?!” Asuka exclaimed “That was awesome!”

“I aim to please, Asuka,” Sonic said.

“Showoff,” Misato chuckled.

“Yeah, that was fun…” Shinji said, trailing off.

“So, this is where we live! What do you think, Sonic?”

“Pretty nice place you’ve got here, Misato,” Sonic replied “Spacious, goes outside to a nice balcony, and it’s nice and clean. I won’t mind living here at all!”

“It’s only nice and clean because I and Shinji keep the place clean!” Asuka said with a laugh “If it weren’t for us, this place would be a total mess!”

“That true?”

Shinji nodded sheepishly in response, Misato scoffing at the remarks and reaching into the refrigerator, trying to decide between a beer or some canned coffee. Asuka showed Sonic around the house, making sure to emphasize her room was off limits to him without her permission, while Shinji had no objections to him being in his room whenever. Sonic could only nod in agreement, and when the tour ended, he noticed the second refrigerator.

“What’s that one for?” Sonic asked curiously.

“Pen-Pen,” all three answered simultaneously, Asuka saying the name with a twitch of irritation.

“Oh, you have another animal living in your house? Not that I’m just another animal.”

“Neither is Pen-Pen,” Misato said “He’s rather intelligent. He’s a penguin, by the way.”

“Oh, really? I used to have a friend or two that were penguins.”

The three blinked, confused, before shrugging it off.

No sooner did they do so, the penguin popped out of his refrigerated environment, flapping his wings and looking around, to notice Sonic, before waddling up to him and sniffing him.

“And who might you be?” the penguin inquired, Sonic the only one actually understanding him as if he was actually talking “Some kind of blue shark? Because I don’t really like sharks. But, no, you smell like a mammal. Strange. But good to meet you.”

“Good to meet you, too!” Sonic said with a smile “I’m Sonic.”

The three humans blinked.

“You can speak to animals?” Shinji asked, curious.

“That I can. I have this ability where I can speak to and understand something that doesn’t seem normally sentient. Guess it’s a part of my animal genes.”

“Cool!”

“I really like Shinji,” Pen-Pen communicated to Sonic “He’s a pretty nice kid. Little quiet and slow on the uptake sometimes, though. Misato, well, she saved me from becoming a lab experiment for the rest of my life, so I owe her. But her cooking SUCKS. And Asuka… or should I say the Red Devil, well, we don’t exactly get along, usually. Though, she is a hottie, for being 14 in human years."

Sonic couldn’t help but snicker at that.

“What are you snickering about?!” Asuka growled “What did he say about me?!”

“Nothing important, Asuka,” Sonic answered, before chuckling again, Asuka rolling her eyes and turning to watch TV.

And on that note, the day soon waned, and night fell upon Tokyo-3, the three humans heading off to their respective, individual rooms after some conversation and a nice dinner cooked by Shinji. Ironically enough, Sonic wound up sleeping in Asuka’s room after all, but he didn’t sleep long, before he got up and headed outside to the balcony, to look at the stars.

“Well, they’re all asleep, and here I am, up and awake,” Sonic thought to himself “First time I’ve been on this world in a long time where things turned out to be an interesting experience. And I mean interesting-fun, not interesting-crazy… Those kids are so nice, and Misato, she’s pretty cool, too, even if her cooking’s supposed to be terrible. I wonder what my other friends are doing. Has any time passed at home? Do they wonder where I am? Do they miss me? I miss them…But I’m stuck here until I get Eggman out of here and back home. Still, things have been quite interesting. I wonder what else this place has in store for me… Don’t worry, mom, I’ll make sure that everything’s set straight. I always do.

He sighed, looking at his hands, and then the night sky again for a few more moments before heading back inside to get back to sleep. For the time being, this place, it was home.

--Nevada NERV Base--

All the preparations were set, the Eggman-suggested precautionary measures put in place as the workers continued their work on a hulking, silver-armored figure within the base. Things were all complete, and now the only thing left to do was install the final component, a component that would allow the beast they were creating to run on unlimited power.

The S2 Engine taken from the Fourth Angel, was the component in question. The installation was proceeding as scheduled, the organ being implanted through its throat and into its body cavity. With the precautionary measures set, the cataclysm that would involve the whole base vanish from existence would be completely avoided and EVA-04 would be a viable tool to NERV, as were its brethren. Unfortunately, things wouldn’t quite work out that way, as a strange energy reaction was suddenly detected during the final stages of implantation, despite all the precautions they took. Eggman’s precautions had failed, just as he planned.

But instead of a disaster causing an erasure of the whole base, there was a bright flash of light as the Eva itself seemed to warp out of existence, leaving the creators stumped. The base was unharmed, but the Eva itself was completely gone. So the precaution had at least sort of worked, but there would still be many questions about the Eva’s disappearance.

Elsewhere…

It was a nice, breezy day over what remains of the state of New Mexico, with clouds lovely and fluffy. The world here was finally recovering from the Second Impact, and its sparse, remaining residents were happy. The clouds passed over a mountain’s peak, just a little too high up to touch anything.

But, as beautiful as it was, someone was unhappy with the cloud’s miss. How could anyone not think it was an interesting sight to see?

But indeed, someone was unhappy that the clouds missed hitting the mountain, anyway, for one reason… he needed the clouds to continue his journey. He had a mission, and not being picked up by the clouds wasn’t helping matters.

And so, the one the Scrolls referred to as Bardiel cursed the missed chance to continue his travel. He had to get to his mother… And then, Lilith’s children would be no more. He couldn’t wait.

To be Continued…

Not much to say in passing on this chapter of the fic, though I will say it is one of the turning points of the story.

Also, to those who have questions or theories about the testing Sonic's going to get, I will not be making him an Eva pilot, as one of the rules I placed myself with this story at the start is that I would not do that. He will probably have pilot training and testing, but it won't be successful, just so you're all informed. :lol:

That's about it.
Last edited by Omegagouki on Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
8luh 8luh

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

•      
  •      

Postby Omegagouki » Sun May 27, 2007 8:44 pm

This post is not a new chapter, rather, it's a little bit o' concept art.

Egg-Akagi Collaboration Master Control Unit

*spoilers*The controller unit of the EA-XX units, the EA-M is the most powerful of the EA-XX units, save the EA-04 (Egg Alone) and EA-05 (aka Eve), however more due to its control over most of the other units rather than size and/or power alone.*/spoilers*

It won't be making its appearence for a couple of chapters, however. :( Eventually, I'll get out of the "boring" chapters again for more action chapters.
8luh 8luh

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

•      
  •      

Postby Omegagouki » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:59 pm

Ugh, I can't get past the title of the next chapter (which is at this time titled A Prelude to a Crisis ... Bardiel's coming up in the chap after this one, hence the name), much less write for it right now... I absolutely loathe writer's block... I subconsciously know what I want to write, but I can't get it into comprehensible, writable format. I could just skip right to Bardiel, but, character developent and all that stuff is as, if not more important when it comes to Eva as the fights. So, yeah, just for those who care.

And, I'll be damned, post #250.
8luh 8luh

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

•      
  •      

Postby Omegagouki » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:53 pm

Not a new chapter, but:

What the hell happened to the formatting?! Quotation marks, apostrophes, and ellipses, all borked into gibberish...

Ah well, I'll just have to fix things.

As for a new chapter, I don't know when it'll happen, as I am truly stuck at what to write next. I mean, I know what I want to do, but words just won't come out... been like that for the past seven months. I really don't want to leave this unfinished. :|
8luh 8luh

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:36 pm

Omegagouki wrote:What the hell happened to the formatting?!|

Output in UTF-8 from the old site seems to have been interpreted as ISO-Latin1
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:04 pm

Same thing happened to TToR404; you'd best repost all the old chapters.

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

•      
  •      

Postby Omegagouki » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:07 pm

BobBQ wrote:Same thing happened to TToR404; you'd best repost all the old chapters.

I see. Well, I did that and fixed everything. Now, I just need to be able to write new chapters, heh.
8luh 8luh

jenova7
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby jenova7 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:26 pm

thats some talented writing omegagouki, keep em comin

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

•      
  •      

Postby Omegagouki » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:15 pm

Muahahaha! I finally broke through the writer's block that's prevented me from updating in over a year! Let's go!

Chapter Eight: Prelude to a Crisis

Several days would pass after Sonic the Hedgehog was put into the custody of Major Misato Katsuragi along with her two wards and her pet warm water penguin, days that seemed like any other span of normal, incident-free times for the city of Tokyo-3 and its guardian organization.
Behind the scenes, however, things were not all sunshine and lollipops. Sonic’s arrival had once again changed the entire chain of events that would have lead to the conclusion… Eggman knew when the Angels would attack next, and how they would do it, that had happened before Sonic’s arrival. Distrust towards the doctor had only grown from Sonic’s presence, despite SEELE backing the round doctor up with their immunity contract.

Because of this, Eggman was supposed to be an enemy of NERV, but with SEELE manipulating the situation, he was an enemy that was to be listened to and respected. He continued his claims of having a change of heart, which he had originally conveyed to Ritsuko but now told the rest of the staff, or at least those strongly distrustful of him, only wanting to help NERV achieve its goals of bringing an end to the Angelic threat.

Most of them still did not take to believing or trusting him on his word, especially where Misato and Maya were concerned. Gendo and Fuyutsuki, despite trying to keep the façade of being trustful of the Doctor, continued to try and find a way to end the charade, while playing Eggman’s game with their own, unaware that he had gained knowledge of just what they were really up to, was not mentioning or holding it over their heads for blackmail purposes. Why was this?

Ritsuko still had her doubts, but once again, she was falling back into a complacent state as far as he was concerned, as Eggman, if he was hiding another agenda, was not showing signs of it at all. Maya still tried to discourage her from trusting him too much, but her pleas were beginning to fall on deaf ears. Maya knew damned well this was one of her superior’s flaws, the same thing had happened with Ritsuko and Commander Ikari. Maya could hide her reservations on the Commander, but Eggman was a sore subject.

If this continued, she thought, it would mean the end of everything. She had to find a way to end his catastrophe before it was too late. But what extremes would she wind up taking this to, and at what cost? What did the future hold if she succeeded… or failed? To take a chance, be unsuccessful, and be figuratively crucified; or do nothing and watch everything crumble? Of course, taking action may be the only way to solve this problem. She knew she had to do something, but what?

Yawning and shaking herself out of her current train of thought, Maya pulled herself out of the chair she had slept in for two days in a row, groggily looking at the notes on their current project: hers, Ritsuko’s, and, shudder at the thought, Eggman’s, although she was very grateful he wasn’t very interested in it, or at least it seemed. Just another day or so, things would finally be completed. Finally, something that walrus-esque charlatan wasn’t really butting into.

And she jumped suddenly, as someone entered the room, she looked over, half-expecting Eggman to be the one to show up, but, no, it was Dr. Akagi, a development which made her smile a little.

“Smiling for once, Maya?” she asked, looking at her protégé, in relief “I haven’t really seen you smile since you first met Ivo. After that, your entire attitude had changed.”

“Can you blame me, sempai?” she replied with a frown “I keep telling you, that man is up to no good. I thought I had gotten you to see things differently when that information came out. You were almost over with him, but now, you’re acting like nothing ever happened.”

“That’s not true at all,” Ritsuko said with a sigh “I’m keeping a close eye on him. Just because I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt doesn’t mean I’m not keeping my wits sharp. Look, I know you have your issues with him, and you know I respect your opinion, but you’re taking things a little too hard. There’s a difference between simply being careful, and being outright paranoid.”

“Is that what you think? That I’m paranoid?! Maybe I am, a little, but I am not the sort to completely give into such a thing! I’m just being careful. Eggman is a shady character. You know that, I know that, a lot of people know that. Look, sempai. He is bad, bad, bad news.”

“I’m just saying this issue with him is interfering in your job performance,” Ritsuko responded curtly “I’m afraid that you might do something dangerous.”

“Damn it, Dr. Akagi!” Maya snapped at her, the fact she wasn’t addressing her as usual showing that she was quite irate at the moment “This is just going to continue until he does something really extreme! And then, when that happens, what will you say about this? What will you do?”

“Then, Maya, I will concur. But while you think you’re taking precautions, what if he doesn’t pull anything? You’ll have wasted a lot of your time doing something unnecessary. We can’t be too careful.”

“And we shouldn’t be too careless, either,” Maya hissed “This… this is just like--”

“Just like what?” Ritsuko asked, raising an eyebrow.

“I… uh… n-never mind. Let’s stop arguing. I really want to get this project finished, sempai.”

“Yes. This project will be an important, but hopefully unneeded backup… but, in the off-chance it is needed, it will be ready for use.”

Maya was tempted to use this to bring up dealing with Eggman again, but thinking better of it, simply nodded in response.

“So, let’s get the Dummy System completed and ready for use at a moment’s notice.”

“Yes, sempai. Let’s do that.”

And so, they got back to work, not knowing just what their little project was going to bring in the future.

Meanwhile, in another part of the base, the rest of the scientific division was working on testing Sonic while Ritsuko and Maya worked on the secret project. So far, more tests and samples revealed what they already knew… Sonic’s structure was like most other organic creatures at a glance, yet still unreadable, all results coming to 0% similarity to anything. What was the meaning of it?

“How much more poking are you guys planning to do to me, anyway?” the hedgehog asked, growing quite impatient and irritated at the repetition of their poking and prodding.

“We apologize, Mr. Hedgehog-thing Sir,” one of the scientists responded, a thin, aging man with silvery hair down to his shoulders, but with a balding forehead and wrinkles, although few, that didn’t belie his age in the least “It’s just that your structure is… a mystery even with our advanced methods. We really do want to get on to the next set of tests for you. No more samples off of your person with those.”

Sonic sighed. These guys were obviously smart, a least as smart as Eggman, but this repetition of inconclusive results were completely stumping these guys. And then, he thought of something.

“Could it be you’re getting these results because I’m not from here, Dr…?” he asked.

“It’s Suzuhara,” the doctor answered “Dr. Hajime Suzuhara. And, what do you mean, Mr. Hedgehog?”

“What I mean is, Dr. Suzuhara, that, I’m not from this world. Eggman and I came here because he was able to create a device send other things to a differing plane. And it just happened to be this one that we wound up on. Speaking of which, have you ever…”

Hajime’s eybrow furrowed for a moment, before the proverbial lightbulb went off in his head.

“Tested Eggman? Why, no. We’ve never had any real reason to, even after you came here… Why didn’t I think of that?”

“It just wasn’t obvious, I guess?” Sonic said with a shrug.

“I suppose that’s true,” Hajime said, before turning to the other scientists “My dear colleagues… this zero percent thing might have something to do with him not being from this plane. He said Dr. Eggman came from the same place he did, so if we tested him and got the same results--”

“I have a couple hairs from his mustache!” one of the scientists chimed in “We could test those!”

“Very well, then!” Hajime exclaimed with a nod “Get to work! As for you, Mr. Hedgehog, we want to analyze your abilities. Being able to go at the speed of sound and over shouldn’t be possible, but you’re able to do it. Since some of us need to concentrate on Eggman, we may as well get you to the next part of your tests.”

“Finally, some fun stuff!” Sonic said with a grin, hopping off the examination table “Let’s juice! Uh, hey, Dr. Suzuhara?”

“Hm?”

“I know it could be a little farfetched, but I could swear I’ve heard your surname somewhere else before… I think Shinji had a friend with that last name. Toji?”

“Toji?” Hajime responded, seemingly familiar with it “Yes, I know Toji. He’s my grandson. Really athletic kid… he didn‘t get much of the smart genes of the family, though he‘s no idiot, for the most part, anyway. My granddaughter, his sister, though… So much like her father. And he had the smart genes, let me tell ya. Toji‘s more like his mother, I suppose, though Reimu was interested in the sciences, my son completed her and offset her more ‘normal’ intelligence. But normal intelligence is by no means a bad thing.”

Sonic gave Hajime a nod in response, before responding.

“Speaking of moms, I’ve noticed something about the kids I’ve met here… they don’t seem to have mothers. Why?”

“Uh…” was all Hajime could mutter, seemingly struck silent by the question “Well… it… it’s not really important. May we get to doing those tests?”

“Oh, yeah, sure. Never mind, I was just curious, anyway. Let’s go.”

Speaking of Hajime’s grandson, Toji was currently sitting at his desk keeping his eye on the freckled and pigtailed Class Representative, Hikari Horaki, while their old teacher rambled on. While they had had their clashes with their differing personalities, he had become increasingly fond of the girl, and maybe, just maybe she was fond of him somewhat?

Suddenly, a hand waved in front of the boy’s face, to which his square-ish head twitched, his strong, track suit jacket clad arm quickly smacking it away, Toji letting out a simple, irritated grunt.

“Jeez, Toji, you’ve been staring at the Class Rep for, like, five minutes now!” the owner of the hand said with a laugh. “You in love or something?! Seriously, dude.”

“Oh, shaddap, Kensuke,” Toji grumbled “Can’t a guy look at a girl without somebody thinkin’ he’s in love?”

Kensuke laughed, adjusting his glasses, before turning his attention to one of the adjacent desks, where none other than Shinji Ikari sat.

“Am I just imagining things, Shinji, or is Toji totally in love with the Class Rep?”

“Huh?” Shinji responded, totally clueless as to what was going on.

“Oi, Shinji, are you even paying attention?!” Kensuke stammered “Toji’s totally looking at Miss Horaki like some lovesick puppy!”

“He is?”

Yes!” Kensuke exclaimed, disrupting the whole class, except for the teacher, who just continued to drone on.

“Mr. Aida!” Hikari yelled “Be quiet, class is still going! Really, now!”

“What did you expect, Hikari?” said a voice from a desk adjacent to hers, the voice belonging to none other than the fiery, red-headed Asuka Langley Soryu “He’s a Stooge. That’s what those idiots do! Be disruptive, loud and dumb!”

“Now, who’s the one yelling, huh?” Kensuke said, glaring in Asuka’s direction “And we do NOT do that… all the time.”

Toji couldn’t help but smile, even though she meant him, too, while Shinji let out a sigh.

“Can’t this wait until class ends, guys?” Hikari grumbled, turning back to looking at the teacher, but gave Toji a glance, smiling momentarily, in the blink of an eye.

There were no more immediate disruptions after that, although Toji did do some more staring, while Kensuke gave some whispered teasing.

Eventually, the bell rang, and the students began to get up and leave. Well, most of them, anyway. Shinji, Toji, and Kensuke, or the “Three Stooges“, as Asuka called them sat and talked for a few more moments, while the two girls headed out into the hall.

“You’re totally in love with the Class Rep, Toji,” Kensuke snickered, pushing his glasses back up his nose “Really, all that staring isn’t normal.”

“What’s it to ya if I am, anyway, Kensuke?” Toji huffed “I’ve been talking to her lately, she’s a lot nicer than she seems, nowhere near as much of a super bitch as I used to think. Now, the Red Devil, there’s a bitch! Right, Shinji?”

Shinji simply lowered his head, sighing. Yeah, she could be mean, though he still remembered the kissing incident that had taken place about a month or so before, then again, she did say she just wanted to do it because she was bored. She could be nice, though, still. His gaze averted to the corner, to look at one of the desks by the windows, where one Rei Ayanami sat, looking out the window, a daily and regular activity of hers, it seemed. He thought of going to speak with her, but she got up just a second after that, heading out the door, but slightly nodding to Shinji as she left.

“You know Shinji, Toji, he’s not gonna answer something like that,” Kensuke stated matter of factly “Yeah, it’s annoying, but, well, it’s Shinji, am I right?”

“Yeah, yeah, I know it’s true,” Toji sighed “But doesn’t hurt to ask.”

“Suppose not. So, Shinji, think I can get a glimpse at that blue blur today?! Miss Misato‘s really anal about letting us see him, but, damn it, I want to get him on tape! He‘s too fast to catch when he‘s running. Hell, Hikari got to see him, thanks to the Red Devil. Hey, maybe she’ll be out today and we can sneak in! Whaddya say?”

Shinji stammered for a moment, before sighing and lowering is head, and responding.

“He’s supposed to be getting tested today til the evening, so p-probably not. Even if you did get in, he wouldn’t be around.”

“Nuts. Well, guess we’d better get walking home, then.”

“I agree,” Toji said, getting up and gathering his things.

And so, the trio went on their merry way towards Misato’s apartment.

Meanwhile, the Major was at her desk, looking over the papers detailing the disappearance of Eva-04. Eggman had predicted that the entire base would have been erased from existence, but his preventive measures would prevent it. That, they did. But the Eva, it still vanished. SEELE and Nerv’s American branch were understandably livid, though SEELE seemed to not be directing their ire to Eggman, though she felt that they should.

Not only that, but rumors were spreading that the American branch was planning on bringing Eva-03 to Japan because of the aforementioned incident, despite the fact the base in Nevada was still intact. These rumors included the shutdown of that very facility.

“So, they might be bringing Eva-03 over here because of what happened to Eva-04,” she thought to herself, sighing outwardly “That would mean the Marduk Institute will be looking for the Fourth Child soon enough… But, they may already have their candidate, or at least they might if his tests say he can do it… But… A non-human pilot? That’s still far too much!”

Looking over the paperwork one more time, she stood up to go check on Sonic and see how his tests were going, running into Ritsuko and Maya in the hallway, the both of them looking quite tired and formerly busy.

“Still working on that top-secret project, you two?” she asked.

“Yes, Major Katsuragi,” Maya answered “It… it’s almost done. One or two more days of work, and it’ll be finished.”

“What are you two making, anyway?”

“Can’t say, Misato,” Ritsuko said, looking at Misato sternly “Just know that it will be a helpful tool if an emergency arises… but we’ll hopefully never have to use it. It‘s something like that.”

“I don’t like the sound of that. Oh well. So, where’s Fatso? I haven’t seen him since yesterday…”

“Oh, he’s working on the Collaborations’ control system, making sure it‘s up to date and all that. He should have a status report soon. So, you going to see Sonic? He should be with Hajime right now. I hear they’re going to be analyzing his abilities… You know, his spinning attack and his running and how he does it without being killed? After those tests, we‘ll be preparing to see if he can pilot.”

“Damn it, are you sure that’s wise?” Misato grumbled “With that zero percent thing and all, he’s probably completely incompatible. Are we really planning on making him the Fourth Child?!”

Ritsuko looked at Misato, in a strongly disguised incredulous manner, before responding.

“I can’t say. Only the Marduk Institute can decide that.”

“I see. That doesn’t help much, but it gives me just a little bit of comfort, for the time being, at least.”

“Good.”

“S-sempai?” Maya interrupted.

“Yes, Maya?”

“I’m going to go to the ladies’ room and then do a couple of checks on the Project. I’ll meet up with you after I do that, okay?”

“Alright. Just don’t take too long.”

Maya nodded, quickly running off.

“Shall we get going, Ritsu?” Misato asked.

“Yes, let’s,” she replied “I want to see how these tests go for myself.”

Misato nodded, and the two were off.

In the meantime, Maya continued on, and when the other two women were out of sight, passed straight by the bathrooms, instead taking her ID card out of her pocket and went down a couple of shady corridors to a lone elevator door, which had a sign signifying it was broken in front of it, but swiped her keycard anyway, punching in numbers. There was a click, and the doors slid open, the female Lieutenant stepping inside, the doors then closing again, before it began to go down… and go down deep.

Maya sighed, looking at the floor.

“Forgive me for what I’m about to do, sempai, but this has to be done. Eggman must be stopped before he does any long-lasting damage.”

In the meantime, Ritsuko and Misato had made it to where they were conducting the next battery of tests on Sonic, and were waved over by Dr. Hajime Suzuhara himself.

“Hajime.”

“Ritsuko.”

“So this guy’s that Toji kid’s grandfather, huh?” Misato said to herself as the two scientists gave each other their greetings “Certainly doesn’t seem like they’re related, but hey, life’s full of surprises.”

“So, Hajime,” Ritsuko said “This is Major Misato Katsuragi, my old college buddy, friend, and coworker.”

“Pleased to meet you, Major,” Hajime said, bowing.

Misato responded in kind.

“Likewise. So, Dr. Suzuhara, what‘s about to happen?”

“Sonic’s going to show us his spin attacks, first off. Basically, he spins fast enough to be like a wrecking ball and a saw at the same time, though he can add force and pressure, or modify the speed of the spin to modify severity. This should be impossible, but he can do it, so… Mr. Hedgehog! Are you ready?”

Sonic dignified the response with a nod, and after doing a few stretches, got into position.

“Go!” Hajime exclaimed.

It started out pretty normally, him curling into a ball like most hedgehogs, though wound a bit more tightly. Instruments and scanners were planted all over the testing area to read what was to happen. And then, Sonic, with an odd, whirring, screeching noise, vaulted forward, spinning along the ground and up to a half-pipe built into the wall, going right up it without much struggle.

“Hmm, interesting, interesting,” Hajime said, rubbing his chin “There seems to be a slight distortion around his body as he does this, it’s as if it’s powering kinetic energy into him and propelling him into his spin…”

Misato squinted, and sure enough, she did notice a slight distortion, glowing somewhat.

Sonic burst up the half-pipe before vaulting right off it, using his momentum to soar high into the air, along with a noticeable burst of energy into the distortion, the instruments’ gauges noticeably jumping for a split second, Sonic then hitting the wall, and for a moment, uncurling, standing on the wall before leaping right off it, curling and spinning again, another jump of energy being read.

“Dr. Akagi, is it just me, or does this distortion look familiar?” Hajime asked.

“I see the resemblance, yes,” Ritsuko said “But the instruments aren’t picking up any sign of it being that! But they are picking up the energy in his propulsion… Very odd.”

“Resemblance to--” Misato began, before her eyes went wide “Y-you’ve got to be kidding! But… I do see it! It’s… It’s…”

“It’s an AT Field, Major,” Hajime said “Or, at least, something similar. After all, if it was, wouldn’t it be readable? And the tests have disproven he’s an Angel, so that can’t be it, either… But this kinetic barrier he’s using, he’s consciously concentrating his energy into it!”

“What in the hell is this creature?” Ritsuko said “He’s not an Angel, he’s not human, his genetics are unreadable, he uses an AT Field-like energy for propelling himself… He’s impossible!

“I think Eggman may know more about this creature than he’s letting on. Ritsuko, Major… The hedgehog suggested a genetic test on Eggman… The detailed results aren’t ready, but I’m expecting a fax in a few moments. Sonic said they’re not from this world… This plane. If Eggman‘s results come out as 0%… Then we might be on the verge of an amazing discovery when it comes to extra-planar entities.”

“You’re saying that if beings come from separate planes, their genetics will be completely unique from each other, even if their scientific systems are the same?” Misato asked, getting a nod from both scientists “But, what about this AT Field-like thing?”

“It’s possible that because of planar differences, their AT Fields can’t be read,” Ritsuko said “Or it’s not an AT Field but something similar, like what was said before… and possibly, both. But, let’s worry less about the structure extra-planar entities for the time being. This is a very, very interesting development… If this energy field is AT Field-like in nature… Sonic could possibly be able to strengthen his use of this personal field of his to whole new levels…”

“This has to be reported to the Commander,” Hajime said “Will you or I go and tell him the news?”

Before his question could be answered, a guard suddenly showed up, looking at them, and then, spoke.

“Dr. Suzuhara, the Commander would like to speak to you immediately,” he said “He says it’s about the Marduk Institute.”

Right then and there, Dr. Hajime Suzuhara grew pale and froze. He didn’t seem like the type to do so before, but there he was. And Ritsuko glanced at him. And it was a knowing glance. She knew what this was about. Hajime unfroze a moment later, and walked out, the guard following him.

“Guess fate stepped in, huh?” Misato said, trying to clear the air “Though, he did seem a little bit spooked, there… wonder why.”

“It’s an Institute matter, for the time being, Misato,” Ritsuko said “They’re probably closing in on choosing the Fourth Child. Very important matter. I’m sure you know that you’ll have to wait til they report their findings.”

“Yeah, I know. Stupid red tape. So, wonder who the ‘lucky‘ kid is.”

“I have no idea,” Ritsuko said.

She was lying through her teeth. She knew, and Hajime knew, exactly who the Fourth Child was.

And it wasn’t Sonic the Hedgehog.

Misato would be very happy to hear that… but not happy to hear who it would be, and what was about to come. This was but a prelude to a crisis.

To Be Continued

And there we go. Hopefully, it won't take a whole year to write the next chapter. So, things are getting a little more (in)tense now.
8luh 8luh

Sharaz Destler
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Sharaz Destler » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:57 pm

Wonderful story you've got going there. Much better than I expected it to be given what's being crossed over.

Though I have to ask: when reading Dr. Eggman, am I supposed to imagine Deem Bristow (RIP) or Mike Pollock reading the lines?
"To the rational mind, nothing is inexplicable...only unexplained."--The Doctor, "Doctor Who".

Return to “Fanfiction”