Best Rei AMV?

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Best Rei AMV?

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:52 pm

There are tons of Shinji, Asuka, and General Eva AMVs out there, however, I haven't really had any luck finding good Rei-centered videos. I'm not really a huge Rei fan, but with all the albino fanboys out there, you'd think there'd be tons of great Rei AMVs. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks! :D
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: Best Rei AMV?

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:06 pm

BrikHaus81 wrote:I'm not really a huge Rei fan, but with all the albino fanboys out there

What've albinos got to do with it?

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks! :D

Masayuki did a nice one set to that Rei image song I conveniently can't remember the name of right now.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

C4
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby C4 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:52 pm

Reichu wrote:Masayuki did a nice one set to that Rei image song I conveniently can't remember the name of right now.

If you're talking about the VOX track, it's "The Image of Me - vocalise".

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:41 pm

The obvious ones for me are:
Weird Al- I Think I'm a Clone Now
Radiohead- Paranoid Android
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:43 pm

C4 wrote:If you're talking about the VOX track, it's "The Image of Me - vocalise".

Nope, it's "Tengoku no Kioku" (Memories of Paradise).

Since no one in their right mind would actually buy the DVD this is from, here you go.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Jay911
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Jay911 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:47 pm

I'm a fan of the "I Think I'm A Clone Now" one, myself.
--j.

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:52 am

THE Hal E. Burton 9000 wrote:The obvious ones for me are:
Weird Al- I Think I'm a Clone Now
Radiohead- Paranoid Android

Rei AMV with Paranoid Android? Great song, like most things from Radiohead. Linkit, please. *is a Rei fan, though I seem to be in the minority lately*
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

C4
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby C4 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:36 am

Reichu wrote:Nope, it's "Tengoku no Kioku" (Memories of Paradise).

Since no one in their right mind would actually buy the DVD this is from, here you go.

Eh, it was just barely watchable for me. I'm a fan of the song(it never appeared anywhere but that Decade CD, did it?), but the rest seemed to be standard AMV fare. But then again, there's only been one AMV that I've ever liked, so I guess I'm just unimpressed by the very idea.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:07 am

Reichu wrote:
C4 wrote:If you're talking about the VOX track, it's "The Image of Me - vocalise".

Nope, it's "Tengoku no Kioku" (Memories of Paradise).

Thanks, Reichu! I really liked that video. Why is it that no one in their right mind would buy this DVD?
Awesomely Shitty
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:24 am

Trigger's Elysium wrote:
I wrote:Radiohead- Paranoid Android

Rei AMV with Paranoid Android? Great song, like most things from Radiohead. Linkit, please.
I think this is the one I was referring to. :arrow: Click here.
There are some others I remembered.
Metallica-Fade to Black
Origa-Inner Universe(Theme from GitS: SAC)
HIM-Join Me
Trigger's Elysium wrote:*is a Rei fan, though I seem to be in the minority lately*
You ain't alone. Some are just annoyed by the group of super fanatical wing of the Rei fan base. Others are the Asuka fan base and they're usually trying to be zealously antagonistic.
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:32 am

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=10098

Damaged Rei Mix, the only serious Rei AMV that's impressed me.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:01 pm

C4 wrote:
Reichu wrote:Nope, it's "Tengoku no Kioku" (Memories of Paradise).

Eh, it was just barely watchable for me. I'm a fan of the song(it never appeared anywhere but that Decade CD, did it?), but the rest seemed to be standard AMV fare. But then again, there's only been one AMV that I've ever liked, so I guess I'm just unimpressed by the very idea.

It's only on the Decade Album, yes.

....What DVD was this released on?
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:20 pm

BrikHaus81 wrote:Thanks, Reichu! I really liked that video. Why is it that no one in their right mind would buy this DVD?

Because everything aside from the Masayuki music videos and the acid trip remix video is utter shit.

Of course, if I can get it for less than full price, I will, but only for the abovementioned reasons.

Sailor Star Dust wrote:....What DVD was this released on?

[url=http://www.amazon.co.jp/GENESIS-EVANGELION-MUSIC-REMIX-%E3%83%84%E3%82%A4%E3%83%B3%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF/dp/B000BM7SZM]NGE MUSIC & REMIX DVD[/URL]
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:52 pm

Reichu wrote:
Sailor Star Dust wrote:....What DVD was this released on?

[url=http://www.amazon.co.jp/GENESIS-EVANGELION-MUSIC-REMIX-%E3%83%84%E3%82%A4%E3%83%B3%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF/dp/B000BM7SZM]NGE MUSIC & REMIX DVD[/URL]

Well, that certainly is overpriced, and the reviews are pretty mediocre, too.
Awesomely Shitty

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:32 pm

BrikHaus81 wrote:Well, that certainly is overpriced

Most Japanese audiovisual media is.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:34 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=10098

Damaged Rei Mix, the only serious Rei AMV that's impressed me.

I saw that a half year ago or so. That's a good one, Trigger agrees.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000 wrote:You ain't alone. Some are just annoyed by the group of super fanatical wing of the Rei fan base. Others are the Asuka fan base and they're usually trying to be zealously antagonistic.

Asuka has quite the fanbase, both in Amerika and Japan. Though Rei's bigger in Japan; I always figured that the ZOMG TEI Rei fans only existed in Japan. *shrug*

Anywho, i'll take a watch.
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:42 pm

Reichu wrote:
BrikHaus81 wrote:Well, that certainly is overpriced

Most Japanese audiovisual media is.

Which is why I wasn't too eager to import the DTS versions of the two movies. But overall, I am very happy with them, so it was worth it. I don't think I'll be importing any more Japanese DVD's, however.
Awesomely Shitty

Master
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Master » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:26 pm

There was a good one I liked on YouTube(aka SkyNet) with Ayanami, the song was Duct Tape Heart by some techno band I forget.
There is always more than one side to every story.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:15 pm

Tengoku no Kioku thoughts: Matching was done beautifully! ^_^ Espeically to the 2 Ikaris opening Rei's Entry Plug!

Beautiful, BEAUTIFUL Rei video! ^_^

(Hehe, I can't wait to translate the lyrics during Spring Break.)

Last few moments: Showed Rei in the final scene towards the end as I thought they would. Thought that water reflection/clouds at the start and end was a nice touch.

Seriously, thanks SO much for uploading these!
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:40 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Seriously, thanks SO much for uploading these!

No prob. I in turn thank kinglear at THAT BOARD for letting me get my grimy meathooks on these things in the first place (although the RARs are missing a couple of videos, aww...).
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Return to “Fan Works”