The Shinji Appreciation Society

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

The Shinji Appreciation Society

•      
  •      

Postby CitizenGeek » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:40 am

Well, err, I just want to say that I love Shinji! He's awesome and people that hate on him are mean! Are you with me?

My favorite Evangelion character is actually Shinji! I know I'm pretty much alone in that, but still, Shinji is great!
Last edited by CitizenGeek on Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:46 am

CitizenGeek wrote:<snip>
My favorite Evangelion character is actually Shinji! I know I'm pretty much alone in that, but still, Shinji is great!
You actually aren't. I'm pretty sure that Sailor Star Dust feels the same as you do.

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:18 pm

Shit, my favorite ANIME CHARACTER is Shinji. Arguably my favorite fictional character in general, as well.

Welcome.
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:18 pm

I think Shinji is underrated, myself.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:03 pm

Hal is correct in what he said; Shinji IS my favorite Evangelion character. ^_^

New people, welcome!
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Zeon
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Zeon » Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:11 pm

Misato is my favorite, but I have no problem with Shinji. I sympathized a lot with him when I first watched Eva many years ago (when I was closer to his age) but not so much lately. I don't hate him though. I also really like Kaji, Touji, and Rei...

Actually, the only character I really dislike is Asuka...

Kaminoyouni
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaminoyouni » Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:19 pm

Zeon wrote:Actually, the only character I really dislike is Asuka...
dislike doesn't even begin to explain how much i hate her
Proud Member of F.A.P.
"A twenty-nine year-old woman having her way with a fourteen year-old boy? This is perversion! This is ephebophilia!"
"Ephebophelia...? This is SHOTA!"

WARNING: Brik is being incredibly awesome

Join the Evageeks discord!

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:19 pm

Shinji is my favorite. Gendo second. Asuka third. The character I like least is Misato. I always start out liking her, but by the time she and Kaji get back together I start disliking her, and by EoE I pretty much hate her. :?
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:03 pm

With the characters such as the Three Children (Shinji, Asuka, Rei), I like all three of them, though Shinji is my favorite and I like Shinji/Asuka pairing-wise the best over any other Shinji/whoever pairing.

Hating Misato, eh? How come?

The only characters I really "hate", and that's only because they seem portrayed as meant to be hated, are Gendo and Ritsuko.

At least Misato cares about the pilots, albeit it seems to be just to make herself look good.

Ritsuko seems just plain cold-hearted, while Gendo is of course, the Bastard King.

Actually, I take that back.

SEELE are downright evil bastards with their batshit insane cult of wanting to kill everybody; I hate THEM the most. >_<
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby CitizenGeek » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:46 am

Oh wow - you guys all like Shinji? This is now officially my favorite forum EVER! I guess I'm surprised because so many people bash Shinji on other forums (mainly because he's not some stereotypical, Hollywood action hero who saves the day with a smile on his face, and then use's some tacky one-liner to end the movie). You guys are awesome!

I thought SEELE were very cool - just the way they conversed with each other and stuff was very interesting!

The only Eva character I disliked was Gendo, because he was a total, complete bastard ^_^

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:09 am

I think some of us here dislike Shinji (Tines) but for the most part, we all like him.
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

Incisivis
Scribe
Scribe

•      
  •      

Postby Incisivis » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:18 am

*big marquee with flashing letters*

I LIKE Shinji

I thought I was alone, too, weird. But I hate manga-Shinji so much...
"No live organism can continue to exist sanely within conditions of absolute reality; even dragonflies and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream"--Shirley Jackson
I liek Shinji
LiveJournal and Fan Fiction

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:33 am

Incisivis wrote:
I LIKE Shinji

I thought I was alone, too, weird. But I hate manga-Shinji so much...

Ha, me too. But i don't hate him, i just don't like him that much as in the anime.
I mean in anime, he's such a sweetheart, how can you not like him? He's nice, shy, good looks and more importantly COOKS!! <3
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:22 pm

Trigger's Elysium wrote:I think some of us here dislike Shinji (Tines).

For most of the 26 TV episodes, Shinji is OK -- though clearly self-destructive (like being an insolent pup during the debrief in episode 4; or doing irrecoverable damage to team morale in ep 16).
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:27 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:
Trigger's Elysium wrote:I think some of us here dislike Shinji (Tines).

For most of the 26 TV episodes, Shinji is OK -- though clearly self-destructive (like being an insolent pup during the debrief in episode 4; or doing irrecoverable damage to team morale in ep 16).

Was that an I like Shinji or an I dont like Shinji?

Now me I like the kid, he held up the weight of the world.
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:24 pm

I can imagine Shinji becoming some sort of artist- a writer/poet or a composer, more specifically.

He'd probably create existentially terrifying, Kafka-esque visions of technology gone horribly wrong. Not that that would be a bad thing.

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:43 pm

chee wrote:I can imagine Shinji becoming some sort of artist- a writer/poet or a composer, more specifically.

He'd probably create existentially terrifying, Kafka-esque visions of technology gone horribly wrong. Not that that would be a bad thing.

I see him joining an animation studio and making anime . . .

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:46 pm

DatDude wrote:

He calls it "Project Medea", and it's about a depressed youth named Hideaki thrust into very unusual circumstances...

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:59 pm

chee wrote:
DatDude wrote:

He calls it "Project Medea", and it's about a depressed youth named Hideaki thrust into very unusual circumstances...

Why yes how did you know :lol:

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:03 pm

Shinji is great as a character, but I'm not quite sure I'd want to have him as a friend. Same with Asuka and the rest, I guess.

And to anyone who hates Shinji, you basically hate Anno. That's why I've always found Tiffany Grant's standpoint so hilarious. She loves Eva, but hates Shinji. XD

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”