Rebuild 2.0 Trailer on Youtube

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
marmotgirl
Tunniel
Tunniel

Rebuild 2.0 Trailer on Youtube

•      
  •      

Postby marmotgirl » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:51 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5B2HYvtz1Q

The real deal by the looks of things.
"Dude, it's not that I don't think you're cool or anything but the fact is that that guy is driving a Big Red GTO and you're pissing about in an enraged banana."

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:58 pm

Interesting.

Annihilator
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Annihilator » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:08 pm

still not to fond of the "visor" but.. no biggie

interesting indeed, looks like that fan recreation thing was pretty accurate.

Szmitten
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Szmitten » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:39 pm

Oh shit.

marmotgirl
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby marmotgirl » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:42 pm

So where's the rest of it, Japan? Come on, you've done it now, you've put out, you might as well just go the whole way!
"Dude, it's not that I don't think you're cool or anything but the fact is that that guy is driving a Big Red GTO and you're pissing about in an enraged banana."

CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby CitizenGeek » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:48 pm

:O

Wow, that looks awesome!

Looks like they are really shaking things up! ^_^
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes.

pen^2
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby pen^2 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:54 pm

This is a little confusing - it looks like a series of snapshots (i.e. the faded wipe of Gendo and Kaji looks like a transition in progress rather than what might be a static frame) - so is the low framerate a deliberate effect and a part of the movie, or is the trailer fluidly animated too? Could someone who has seen the movie please confirm this (Ornette?)

Interesting nonetheless.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:03 pm

This is the real preview. The framerate of this cellphone recording is terrible, it isn't deliberate, the actual preview was fluid. My guess is the telecine from the projector's 20 (guessing here, in the US it's 20) fps, which is actually 40 and every frame is shown twice, to the cellphone's maybe 10 fps, caused a drop in not just every other frame, but the 2 frames after. This is probably also the reason why you can't see the overlays (like ADAMS) because it flashes very quickly. There's also little bits of animation in some of the static shots, like, IIRC, GG's hair in the second to last shot.

If someone managed to capture the entire movie with a cellphone (lol), and it looked like this, I'd advise everyone to stay away from it, because it will literally ruin the movie for you.

Annihilator
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Annihilator » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:06 pm

pen^2 wrote:This is a little confusing - it looks like a series of snapshots (i.e. the faded wipe of Gendo and Kaji looks like a transition in progress rather than what might be a static frame) - so is the low framerate a deliberate effect and a part of the movie, or is the trailer fluidly animated too? Could someone who has seen the movie please confirm this (Ornette?)

Interesting nonetheless.

dude, its cell phone video (most likely), you rly think thats how it actually
looks?

EDIT:Ornette beat me to it...

Yasha
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Yasha » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:47 pm

To be honest, I found a fan reproduction much more useful that this video. Also this phone camera makes everything look like some crappy CG from last century.

Ornette wrote:If someone managed to capture the entire movie with a cellphone (lol), and it looked like this, I'd advise everyone to stay away from it, because it will literally ruin the movie for you.

You're certainly right, seeing how this video ruined the preview. ^^

pen^2
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby pen^2 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:06 pm

Annihilator wrote:dude, its cell phone video (most likely), you rly think thats how it actually
looks

The framerate of the 'real' trailer closely matches the trailer for the fan made trailer. Also, given that they finished the movie a week or so before the first screening, it's questionable how much screen-grade material they had on the second movie at that time. So basically, lots of assumptions, none of them including it actually being a low framerate cellphone video. I have never seen a cellphone video with that low a framerate. Then again I haven't seen many cellphone videos at all.

P.S. Thanks, Ornette!

klasnic
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby klasnic » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:09 pm

Asuka-chan appears :D :D

Otaprince
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Otaprince » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:12 pm

Can anyone explain the crosses that the New Girl is looking at? There are six crosses in the sky-- there's no way the second movie would already get to Third Impact.... Confused.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:23 pm

Otaprince wrote:Can anyone explain the crosses that the New Girl is looking at? There are six crosses in the sky-- there's no way the second movie would already get to Third Impact.... Confused.

It's possible those are explosions

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:32 pm

.....I still don't see how they'll be able to get ALL of Action Arc and Descent Arc into Rebuild:02, even if it IS 90 minutes long and condensed with important things only.

Glasses Girl is kinda cool looking. I wouldn't be surprised if she will be the calm/normal type in this, hehe.

It was cool to see this, though even though the quality was crappy.

Thanks!

As long as "Weva" has Misato's promise of "saabisu saabisu!" and the return of Yuko as Asuka, I'll be a happy camper. ^__^ (Personally, I think she would return since the rest of the cast is back and all of them HAVE returned for games and such. But if not, I guess another seiyuu could probably pull off Asuka's voice, even though it just wouldn't be the same.)
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Yasha
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Yasha » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:37 pm

I wonder what Misato is saying during the preview. Knowing it may make some things about 2.0 clearer.

By the way, but I don't know if it isn't only due to the "quality" of this trailer, the Glases Girl does look more mature than on the sketches (however, I consider them more reliable for the time being).

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:45 pm

Misato says stuff about Nigoki and its Pilot arriving (Asuka-chan and Kyoko-sama! ^_^), the activation accident with Sangoki, Yongoki also arriving, Rokugoki and its Pilot arriving from the Moon, and something about "Where will Ikari Shinji go from here?"

....Crazy thought, in before "not more speculation of Glasses Girl!" Could she be Kaworu in disguise, for whatever reason?? :shock:

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:47 pm

Activation accident with Sangoki? It sounds more like the source of the trouble is the Eva itself and not icky Bardiel. Well, good.

Looks like the Zeruel fight might be included, or maybe Shinji goes bozo on Sangoki this time. He's got exactly the same psychopathic look on his face that he had when he was about to rip Zeruel's head straight off.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:03 pm

He's got exactly the same psychopathic look on his face that he had when he was about to rip Zeruel's head straight off.

Yup. As disturbing (and ironic) as it would be, I'm kinda hoping he'll go Bosou on Sangoki, though it could just be him kicking arse in the fight with Zer.

I just hope none of the battles would simply be shot-for-shot remakes, that would really suck. >_<Oh>_<

jiken=incident

Either way, I thought that IS what happened to Sangoki since Bardiel infected her or whatever it was that happened?

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:10 pm

Do you have a translation of what Mitsuishi is saying, with the Telop gone? Is the explosion supposed to be Eva-04 going boom, or did she say it was going to be sent to Japan? Sangoki still looks the Bardiel zombie, let's see how it plays out.

Zer...I dunno, with fewer Angels, Zer would seem old-fashioned for all his destructive talent, don't you think? He was the only Angel who really seemed like a return to the original mold after all the previous angels took on their varied "Monster of the week" forms.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”